E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > My experience bleeding brakes with INPA software and power bleeding

10-19-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
don40vette
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe

My experience bleeding brakes with INPA software and power bleeding

First let me start off saying that I had replaced my ABS pump before I started this and I had sucked out all the steering fluid from the master cylinder with a turkey baster

After I replaced my pump I connected my Motive Products Power Bleeder to master cylinder which was full with fresh fluid.
I pressured the power bleeder up to 15-20# and bled the caliper which took many times of cracking bleed valve and pumping back up with power bleeder.
After doing all 4 calipers and using almost 1 liter of fluid to bleed I drove the car and as expected the brakes were awful.

Next, I bled the system with the INPA software and it used close to 1 liter of fluid to flush. Drove the car and the brakes were much better but still not right.

Next, I did my power bleed not with the Motive Power bleeder but with my air compressor and 20# of pressure. Each caliper had a lot of air bubbles doing this. Each time I cracked the bleed valve bubbles would come out, close bleed valve, wait about a minute and more bubbles would come out. It seemed like all four calipers had no more bubbles after cracking open 3 times. Drove the car and now the brakes were outstanding.

So for me, next time, I will bleed first with INPA, then bleed with compressor.
BTW, for those that dont have a compressor and you are bleeding with a manual pump-up bleeder, dont fill the tank of your bleeder with fluid. Just make sure the master cylinder is full when you start to bleed each caliper.
You wont have to clean the tank and it will work when you bleed your brakes the next time
Appreciate 1
PhaceN52173.50