E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bump Steer on lowered E9X

11-13-2020, 07:51 AM   #23
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Looking forward to your input on these. I have looked at these/solutions for bump steer for a while!

Also, what springs/dampers are you using to compare drop amounts?
I’m currently running the bmw performance suspension and SRP front drop perches. Seems like the PS drops the front about 1” and the perches about 1/2”. I’m just going by eyeballing a stock e92 328i that I saw parked near me the other day. So it’s very scientific haha

Here’s a pic of my car when it was stock and currently. Not the best angles and lighting but I still think 1.5” is probably a safe minimum amount of drop it had actually.

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 02:10 PM   #24
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Ok got the parts installed. With help of another forumer who paved the way I was able to figure out to use 1/4” spacer only. Took a test drive at 100mph and car feels great, rock steady. And this is after I lowered my toe to zero because what I used to think was flighty steering from when I went zero toe was actually bump steer.

Good mod I highly recommend this if your car is lowered and you care about handling.
Appreciate 5
      11-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #25
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Ok got the parts installed. With help of another forumer who paved the way I was able to figure out to use 1/4” spacer only. Took a test drive at 100mph and car feels great, rock steady. And this is after I lowered my toe to zero because what I used to think was flighty steering from when I went zero toe was actually bump steer.

Good mod I highly recommend this if your car is lowered and you care about handling.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I will most likely be buying some this winter I think
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #26
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Hate bringing up an old thread….

Does anyone know what the exact differences are between xDrive tie rods and non xDrive? Putting together some more parts for my suspension refresh and I’m looking at the turner links, but they say they don’t fit e9x xDrive, but they fit F chassis xDrive.

I know x cars have a slower rack, but I would have thought the tie rod threads and lengths would be the same. Or is it the ball joints are different?

Just trying to see what fits for when I drop my wagon on some coil overs
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 10:04 AM   #27
charlie_m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Hate bringing up an old thread….

Does anyone know what the exact differences are between xDrive tie rods and non xDrive?
Anybody? Frome realoem I can tell the ball joint P/Ns are different, but looking at pics on ecstuning I can't really see the differences. Tie rod kits (tie rod, ball joint and HW) are different too, but there is no separate number for just the tie rod.

Quote:
I know x cars have a slower rack, but I would have thought the tie rod threads and lengths would be the same. Or is it the ball joints are different?
I didn't know x cars had a slower rack! Why? And where's that listed?

Ball joints are definitely different:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/32106767781/
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/32106793623/

Side Question: Can I assume that the bump steer is OK at stock ride height? Anybody measured it? Different between xDrive cars and RWD?
Appreciate 0