E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MAJOR LPFP issues.. about to throw in the towel.

08-26-2019, 03:24 AM   #1
controllerplus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

MAJOR LPFP issues.. about to throw in the towel.

Hey all, really need some help would appreciate if anyone could chime in on what is happening because I'm about done.

Long story short, we did a pure stage 2 build with port injection on my f30 335i. Driving it home the car shut off with two codes: 

11A401
11B401

Thought it was the HPFP. Replaced that. Same issue. Looked at the EKP, didnt notice any damage to the board but did realize the lpfp did not sound right. Priming wise. Looked at the stage 2 LPFP and found one of the lines blew, we replaced it with my stock one and the car fired up and ran beautifully with 0 codes at all. It was great. 

Come today, we decided to replace the lines on the stage 2 LPFP so I could enable the port injection. Replaced the lines with oem spec parts, put the lpfp in.. nothing. We thought maybe the pumps dead.. put the known working stock LPFP in again... NOTHING. The car just cranks. Same codes as before. This pump was working minutes before installing the stage 2 LPFP.. and now the stock one doesn't even want to prime or function at all. Our rail pressure is 60.. it's just all wrong. 

What in the world is happening? No LPFP is working, we verified the pumps function as they should and the car was running PERFECTLY with the stock LPFP MINUTES before installation. 

I'm about to sell the car because I'm so sick of this... what in the actual f#$% is happening? It literally makes no sense. 

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #2
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

So the LPFP is not getting power... Did you check the wires? Did you check the EKP again?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 05:53 AM   #3
DiFFv1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i l 328xi l X5M

Check to see if your getting power to the LPFP. If you are, Then check the Fuel Regulator. You might not be pulling enough fuel to the pump
      09-02-2019, 11:42 PM   #4
cranelec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiFFv1 View Post
Check to see if your getting power to the LPFP. If you are, Then check the Fuel Regulator. You might not be pulling enough fuel to the pump
^+1
Appreciate 0