E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Finally, foam cannon is working!

04-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #111
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcampbell View Post
I followed your tip and used 3 oz. of CG MSII and warm water. Had the ratio all the way up but, after I blew through one bottle in no time, I turned it down a bit and I started getting more foam.
Looks pretty good, did you shake (swirl) it too? Ours has a small hole underneath the regulator (that allows air in to pressurize) that leaks if your shake it or turn it on its side. and I swirl it around to avoid the mixture getting all over the place....
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 01:05 AM   #112
nmcampbell
On The Highway To Hell
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i jt blk/lemon

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Yeah, I found out about that the hard way, shook it and spilled a little but I had my 8 year old out helping me so I was already soaking wet from him taking a few blasts at me with the hose...a little more dripping soap wasn't a big deal. Besides, I was too happy about the fact that my rigged coupler worked to worry about that yet. It was my first outing with the cannon. My wife was out there with a skeptical look on her face but I had her with camera in hand just in case it worked, which it did.
09' E92 M3 / Jerez Black / Black / Carbon Leather Trim / Technology / Premium / 19" Wheels / DCT / Enhanced Sound / Sat radio / iPod cable / Smartphone integration / PDC / V1 (Hardwired)/ Black Fuzzy Dice / (Delivered 4/17/09)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 02:00 AM   #113
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Update to my previous post. My car REALLY needed a wash today. And I was anxious to use the foam cannon rather than wait another five days for the correct coupler (at least I think it is). So after a couple trips to Lowes and OSH, I managed to jerry-rig my own "coupler" and it worked great. Cost about $10 which is the same price as the correct part from pressureparts.com but without the wait. Admittedly, it's a bit longer and heavier as a result but the foam results were great. Here's some pics of my modified foam cannon and the result.
Hey, do you think I can get the foam canon to work on my off brand electric power washer?

See:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137656
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 02:21 AM   #114
nmcampbell
On The Highway To Hell
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Hey, do you think I can get the foam canon to work on my off brand electric power washer?

See:
I can't say for sure. That almost looks like a connector similar to the one on my electric Karcher power washer but it could be different. Keep in mind, I had to buy an adaptor made for the Karcher that has 22mm threaded end. To that, I attached a coupler. If I had bought the right one the coupler would couple on the other end to the foam cannon I bought. However, the part number another poster gave out here does not work with the brand of foam cannon I bought, which is the same brand as the OP I believe.

Pressureparts had everything I needed to make it work but because I bought the wrong coupler (and didn't want to wait another five days for the correct one to come in), I headed to the home suppl stores and made it fit.

The brand of foam cannon I have has a threaded 1/4" female opening. My Karcher adapter is 22mm so I needed a 22mm to 1/4" coupler (which pressureparts does have).

I would suggest calling pressure parts and ask if anyone knows the brand of your pressure washer, and if they have adaptors to make it work. Good luck.
09' E92 M3 / Jerez Black / Black / Carbon Leather Trim / Technology / Premium / 19" Wheels / DCT / Enhanced Sound / Sat radio / iPod cable / Smartphone integration / PDC / V1 (Hardwired)/ Black Fuzzy Dice / (Delivered 4/17/09)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 03:00 AM   #115
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can't say for sure. That almost looks like a connector similar to the one on my electric Karcher power washer but it could be different. Keep in mind, I had to buy an adaptor made for the Karcher that has 22mm threaded end. To that, I attached a coupler. If I had bought the right one the coupler would couple on the other end to the foam cannon I bought. However, the part number another poster gave out here does not work with the brand of foam cannon I bought, which is the same brand as the OP I believe.

Pressureparts had everything I needed to make it work but because I bought the wrong coupler (and didn't want to wait another five days for the correct one to come in), I headed to the home suppl stores and made it fit.

The brand of foam cannon I have has a threaded 1/4" female opening. My Karcher adapter is 22mm so I needed a 22mm to 1/4" coupler (which pressureparts does have).

I would suggest calling pressure parts and ask if anyone knows the brand of your pressure washer, and if they have adaptors to make it work. Good luck.
Thanks, I guess I'll just order it and worry about it later. The worst case scenario is that I buy another hose/gun unit. Or worse than that, a whole new power washer .

This guy bought a camspray and got a gilmore unit:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=50

Are they one and the same?

Gary
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #116
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

damn so I need one of those pressure machines? This doesn't hook up to a regular gardening hose?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #117
nmcampbell
On The Highway To Hell
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Campsray and Gilmour are not even close. I have a Gilmour Foamaster and it blows (and not in the good way). Campsray is more akin to the one I posted up in my pics but I think the opening and tank are both bigger on the Campsray than on the one I purchased which, again, I believe is the same as the OP's.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #118
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep

Ok, i figured it out. I ended up buying the camspray unit and an adapter for my electric power washer.

Gary
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #119
g9sBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Garage List
2007 328i Sedan  [0.00]
Off topic. . . but does anybody use the Craftsman 1800 PSI, 1.6 GPM Electric Pressure Washer ??
[2007 328i|Black Sapphire|Terra Leather|6 MT|Xenon headlights|BMW Alarm|Clear Bra|Stainless Steel Pedal Pads|Black Line Tails|MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes|HUPER OPTIK 30 Ceramic TINT|GPThunder Fogs|LED License Plate mod|Sport Shocks/Springs upgrade|ZHP Shift Knob|//M Dead Pedal|Matte Black Grill|Aluminum Strut Bar|Cyba Air Scoops|Rear Fog Switch|Perforated Mtech Wheel|Miro 935s|Hankook v12 evo Tires|BMW SSK]| BMW PE
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #120
dmichael
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 GTI

ONESHARE325, how do you like that Karcher pressure washer? looks like the 3050 g model with 3000 psi. Costco.com has it for 440 delivered. I need one to wash vinyl house siding, the north side gets green every so often. Is it strong enough to wash the 2nd story of a house from the ground?

I would assume you are happy with it for washing the car. Can you dial down the pressure?, 3000psi seems like it would strip the paint of a car.

Thanks
      04-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #121
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmichael View Post
ONESHARE325, how do you like that Karcher pressure washer? looks like the 3050 g model with 3000 psi. Costco.com has it for 440 delivered. I need one to wash vinyl house siding, the north side gets green every so often. Is it strong enough to wash the 2nd story of a house from the ground?

I would assume you are happy with it for washing the car. Can you dial down the pressure?, 3000psi seems like it would strip the paint of a car.

Thanks
Works Great!! You manage the pressure by controlling the width of the stream with different tips. I only use it to rinse off my customers cars before full details and for the foam cannon. I Think I use the 40 Degree tip (you will see when you get it), and is not that extreme!

For my but regular washes (my car or customers) I generally just use a regular hose attachment after foaming! Hope that helps!!
Appreciate 0