E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Retrofit CIC Combox to E9x with standard Radio professional HU

10-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #89
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Ian
AFAIK, as we are retaining your original combox, and its settings, nothing should change in your car.

so with professional CIC, you should be able to retain all that.
Cheers, that's good news, fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Ian
Unfortunately sending route from BMW connected drive may not be possible, as we'll retain the OEM combox and its settings.
It will be interesting to see what happens, I can send routes from connected drive, & I'm told they've gone, but they just don't arrive. I'm guessing this is because routes arrive in the "Routes" area of the Pro Sat Nav, which Business Nav doesn't have. It's not the end of the world if this doesn't work, with luck I may still be able to do it via USB

My emulator should arrive sometime over the next few days, I'm certainly looking forward to having a new toy to play with
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #90
Mambo
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335d LCI

Sam retro fitted a Combox in to my LCI 335d yesterday - needless to say, it all went well and I am now happily streaming my music via Bluetooth. If anyone is thinking of having any coding work done, I'd definitely recommend him - it was worth the drive from Manchester to Grays to get it done!

2015 435d Gran Coupe - Carbon Black, Black Leather, M Sport Plus Pack, Sunroof, Folding Mirrors. Mods: H&R Street Comfort Coil Overs, 10mm Spacers, DMS remap, M Performance 20" Alloys, M Performance Rear Diffuser, Black Grills
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 03:26 AM   #91
Wozza
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325/330 M Sport

Sam did a complete retrofit of CIC and combox to my E92, great job and everything works.

Definitely worth it and Sam is very methodical.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #92
AdrianM
Registered
Rep
Drives: E60

Hi!

I am the owner of an E60 from 2009 with CIC retrofitted recently and I would like to complete it with a combox.
At the moment I do not know exactly what type of combox should I buy

As far as I've seen there are two models:
One for E series and one for F series.

Can somebody direct me to the right direction and how hard is it to install it on E60?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #93
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Hi!

I am the owner of an E60 from 2009 with CIC retrofitted recently and I would like to complete it with a combox.
At the moment I do not know exactly what type of combox should I buy

As far as I've seen there are two models:
One for E series and one for F series.

Can somebody direct me to the right direction and how hard is it to install it on E60?

Thank you!
Your car is E series and you'd require E series combox.
      11-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #94
YaX!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Just been to see makkan00 on the other end of the M25 - well work the 3 hour round trip as in 90 focused mins he:
- coded my E93 M3 CIC install to get the HK L7 sound back, as well as the M-Power menus and the E93 climate control systems
- added the hardware needed to complete the CIC install with the OEM USB in the glovebox, then coded back the ipod and mp3 USB controls in the armrest
- created the FSC code from the transplanted CIC unit and updated to 2014 EU maps
- prepped for my upcoming rear LCI retrofit

This guy is v.good - but humble and patient, a rare trait in experienced subject matter experts in this day and age.

Definitely the guy that one would call out for a coding group buy deal ...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #95
cage911
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e93 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaX! View Post
Just been to see makkan00 on the other end of the M25 - well work the 3 hour round trip as in 90 focused mins he:
- coded my E93 M3 CIC install to get the HK L7 sound back, as well as the M-Power menus and the E93 climate control systems
- added the hardware needed to complete the CIC install with the OEM USB in the glovebox, then coded back the ipod and mp3 USB controls in the armrest
- created the FSC code from the transplanted CIC unit and updated to 2014 EU maps
- prepped for my upcoming rear LCI retrofit

This guy is v.good - but humble and patient, a rare trait in experienced subject matter experts in this day and age.

Sam is definitely the man when it comes to most (if not all) coding issues.

Can you give explain what extra options you get on the CIC when coding climate controls? As this might be something I need to get add to my CIC retrofit.

All hail Coding King Sam
      11-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #96
YaX!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

On the CCC, the cab feature in the climate control section gave you one tickbox to enable the heating system to recognize the top was down and then use a pre-programmable heating flow to keep you warm.
In the CIC, they have updated this to give you tweaking on the 3-way ventilation to customise this. I think this is the std OEM E93 CIC features that Sam managed to switch on with his box of tricks.
Hope this helps,
Y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage911 View Post

Can you give explain what extra options you get on the CIC when coding climate controls? As this might be something I need to get add to my CIC retrofit.

All hail Coding King Sam
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #97
cage911
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
On the CCC, the cab feature in the climate control section gave you one tickbox to enable the heating system to recognize the top was down and then use a pre-programmable heating flow to keep you warm.
In the CIC, they have updated this to give you tweaking on the 3-way ventilation to customise this. I think this is the std OEM E93 CIC features that Sam managed to switch on with his box of tricks.
Hope this helps,
Y!
Thanks YaX! I will need to get Sam to update some more coding on my CIC.
      11-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #98
cage911
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hope this helps,
Y!
Thanks YaX! I will need to get Sam to update some more coding on my CIC.
      11-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #99
cage911
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hope this helps,
Y!
Thank YaX! I will be in contact with Sam to do some further coding on my CIC unit.
      11-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #100
bungleaio
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pug 208

Another happy customer here. I saw Sam today and he installed and coded a combox and microphone into my e93.

He's a very conscientious bloke and worked through everything methodically. No damage to trim and no rattles following the work. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #101
AdrianM
Registered
Rep
Drives: E60

Hi everyone!

Sam is the Man!

Although I'm not a e90 owner and I do not belong to this forum I can say that I'm another Sam's happy customer. He managed to retrofit combox and 6fl extreme fast and metodically. Reactivated Cd changer, removed SOS error generated by the combox retrofitted programmed combox to my car and not to forget the hardest job if fittind the USB cable to the central console.

THIS HIS FIRST SUCCESSFUL E60 COMBOX RETROFIT.

Keep it this way Sam!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #102
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Another big thank you to makkan00 who upgraded my Business Nav to Pro Nav with 6FL yesterday and coded everything to work properly. He also sorted out the settings on my Gladen/Mosconi amps, which were all over the place, and coded the auto Stop/Start to remember the last setting, which I'm made up with - having it constantly reset itself was driving me demented. The Pro Nav is so much better than business and now I can watch DVD's too, not that I ever will, and all for considerably less than BMW quoted me to install 6FL on it's own - for anyone who is thinking about the Pro nav go for it, it makes a great toy - cheers Sam
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #103
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
Sam retro fitted a Combox in to my LCI 335d yesterday - needless to say, it all went well and I am now happily streaming my music via Bluetooth. If anyone is thinking of having any coding work done, I'd definitely recommend him - it was worth the drive from Manchester to Grays to get it done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozza View Post
Sam did a complete retrofit of CIC and combox to my E92, great job and everything works.

Definitely worth it and Sam is very methodical.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage911 View Post

All hail Coding King Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungleaio View Post
Another happy customer here. I saw Sam today and he installed and coded a combox and microphone into my e93.

He's a very conscientious bloke and worked through everything methodically. No damage to trim and no rattles following the work. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Hi everyone!

Sam is the Man!

THIS HIS FIRST SUCCESSFUL E60 COMBOX RETROFIT.

Keep it this way Sam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
Another big thank you to makkan00 who upgraded my Business Nav to Pro Nav with 6FL yesterday and coded everything to work properly. He also sorted out the settings on my Gladen/Mosconi amps, which were all over the place, and coded the auto Stop/Start to remember the last setting, which I'm made up with - having it constantly reset itself was driving me demented. The Pro Nav is so much better than business and now I can watch DVD's too, not that I ever will, and all for considerably less than BMW quoted me to install 6FL on it's own - for anyone who is thinking about the Pro nav go for it, it makes a great toy - cheers Sam

Many thanks guys. Appreciate your feedback
      12-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #104
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok, another CCC to CIC with DAB plus retrofit. Took me most of the day.

This is how we started.

And this is how we ended.

Excellent results and all oem integration.

PS: Owner is getting CIC controller trim wrapped soon.
      12-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #105
karlp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i SE

Is this still happening guys??
I current have CIC in my e92 2007 but no usb only aux so presume I would need a full new combox and all other parts etc?
Just checking all this can still be done??
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #106
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlp View Post
Is this still happening guys??
I current have CIC in my e92 2007 but no usb only aux so presume I would need a full new combox and all other parts etc?
Just checking all this can still be done??
Yes, it can be retrofitted with your CIC.
      12-31-2013, 04:30 AM   #107
karlp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i SE

Ah great, what cost would I be looking at and do I need to order everything from the bimmertech website?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #108
Ad-330i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 330i

Big thanks to Sam who fitted and coded CIC with combox to my 07 E92 which had CCC

Sam's work is A1 all wiring very neat and no cutting into the looms etc everything coded and working as it should. Sam also updated the software on the combox and updated the maps to 2014.

Would highly recommend Sam his work is top quality !
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 03:02 AM   #109
pinkfloyd2
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Hello makkan, what would be the best way to contact you for a quote for the full idrive upgrade and what information do you need, to provide this,

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 03:18 AM   #110
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircoreboy
Hello makkan, what would be the best way to contact you for a quote for the full idrive upgrade and what information do you need, to provide this,

Cheers.
Kindly send me a pm.