E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Jb4 problem

05-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Carlos335i
Rep
Drives: Red n55 3 series

Jb4 problem

I've been having this issue for quite some time now. One day I was driving with my jb4 on in map 2 and it just stopped working. It would not go into menu and the boost gague went away. So I uninstalled it then installed it again. And boom. My car does not boost at all. In any map. The boost gague does not work and after a while the car goes into limp mode. So I got home and uninstalled it. And my car is running fine and strong. I let it sit in the garage for a month then decided to install it again. Same problem.car works fine without jb4 but with it it does not boost and goes into limp mode?? Bad jb4? Please help
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos335i View Post
I've been having this issue for quite some time now. One day I was driving with my jb4 on in map 2 and it just stopped working. It would not go into menu and the boost gague went away. So I uninstalled it then installed it again. And boom. My car does not boost at all. In any map. The boost gague does not work and after a while the car goes into limp mode. So I got home and uninstalled it. And my car is running fine and strong. I let it sit in the garage for a month then decided to install it again. Same problem.car works fine without jb4 but with it it does not boost and goes into limp mode?? Bad jb4? Please help
The JB4 will disable itself if it detects a hardware issue on the circuit board. Another possible cause is a wire being loose, CAN wires not making a good contact, etc. Best to get with BMS for troubleshooting.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #3
daflamme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i MT

Reviving an old thread... I seem to have the exact same issue, how did you solved yours? Bad board or loose wire?
Appreciate 0