E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Murray (Salt Lake City area)

05-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #1
combatcarry
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

BMW of Murray (Salt Lake City area)

I would like to post a positive review for BMW of Murray. My CA was John Reynolds. I think he was the most honest and forthcoming BMW car salesman I have ever delt with. He treated me with respect, and offered me honest advice on the upcoming 2007 models (before factual info was available on e90post). He is also a former mechanic so he knows the answers to technical questions that other salespeople would have trouble with.

I did not buy my car from BMW of Murray. I purchased my car from a private party. However, I will be purchasing parts and service from BMW of Murray as often as possible because of my pleasant experiences with them.

If you are in the Western US give John Reynolds a chance to quote you a car. His email is johnr@bmwofmurray.com

I assure you I have no affiliation with the dealership!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
Reload
Registered
Rep
Drives: 3-series convertible

Exclamation Poor Service and Customer Interface at BMW Murray

I don't usually express negative opinions of businesses in a public forum. However, I have had a gut full of BMW of Murray's poor customer service. I own a 3-seriese and a 5-series. My 3-series was under BMW's CPO program when I bough it. I took it in for a fix on the A/C system for which BMW had issued a service bullitin. BMW of Murray charged me about $300 for the fix. I complained to no avail that it was a know design defect and that the car was still under the warranty provided through the CPO program. I even called BMW of America to explain the situation. They said that it was the at the discretion of BMW of Murray whether or not to warranty the service. Needless to say, they did not. Because I own two BMW's I have intereacted with the parts department many times. Count on a long wait at the counter or on the phone and expect to deal with several fairly rude people. (However, there is one really good guy named Tony). They have sold me an incorrect part number and suggested that I was somehow trying to scam them when I tried to return the part for the correct one.
I have several friends that own BMW's here in Salt Lake City. None of us will buy new from BMW of Murray. A couple of us have actually flown to Las Vegas or Phoenix to buy new cars from other BMW dealers. However, we are still stuck with the local dealership for after sale service. I recently bought an Acura MDX rather than an X5 just to avoid working with BMW of Murray anymore than I had to. BMW of Murray is the only dealer in Utah. They are a monopoly and they act the part in every way. I love the BMW product but hate the dealer. Just my opinions.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
dkizerian
Digital Ruler
Rep
Drives: 325i AW/Terra

I bought my e90 from BMW of Murray, and just got my car back from having the emissions recall done, and 2 other TSB items fixed. All of my experiences with thm so far have been good.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #4
jcase33
Obsessive
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

I bought my car from them in January and my mother just bought one a couple of weeks ago. My CA is David Johansen, he is a nice laid back guy, no pressure and very helpful. My experiences have been positive both on the sales side and the service side.

Only drawback is there is NO competition, even the new Dealership opening in Utah valley is owned by the same people who own BMW of Murray. I don't think we get the best deals here in Utah.
      07-02-2006, 02:53 AM   #5
babino
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 Comp

Garage List
2021 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
If you want to deal with a great salesperson that has great loyalty and incredible product knowledge, not to mention is a pleasure to work with, look for Robert Clark. I just ordered a 330 from him and can't tell you how willing he was to go over every detail, no matter how miniscule, multiple times (did I mention he has patience?).

I'm sorry to hear about the negative experiences, I guess it really depends on who you deal with and how you deal with them.. :wink:

I would be happy to talk to anyone about my experience if so requested. Sent me a PM. Best Regards -
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #6
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

I have never thought of BMW of Murray as a Monopoly. I have heard so many horror stories about other dealers marking cars up thousands, and Murray alway sells for the sticker price. I have found the owners and general manager to be the nicest people I have ever met. They might be a little behind right now, but they are doing everything possible to make it right. There are 25+ technicians working in 20 bays. They have the new store opening up with another 15 techs there. There are more bays opening up in Murray. I think its going to be great company to work with.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #7
liliej
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi/Graphite/Lemon

Ditto on Robert Clark!!!

I ordered a 335xi in November, and wanted to know the "real" production status a couple of weeks later (OC is useless). When I called my CA, they weren't in that day. I asked the receptionist to forward me to another CA. Long story short... Robert answered my call, and then spent 10-15 minutes on the phone with me to answer all my questions. Additionally, he followed up by emailing me several screen shots with information on my order.

Robert had to know that there wasn't any cash in it for him, but he still provided excellent service that day. I've subsequently called him for other questions, and he is always happy to anwer my questions.

If you're buying a BMW in Utah, ask for Robert. If he provides the same level of service to his own customers, you'll be in great hands!
      01-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep

Guys, everybody from Utah. Go to the Southwest Region there is a Utah chat thread that I started. Come chat away with us, hopefully as soon as the weather gets a little warmer, we will put together a drive.
      11-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #9
Das M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 ///M3

Why wouldn't you read the fine print before you signed on the line (and then blame the dealership for not giving you a deal)? Caveat Emptor...

I have to say initially I wasn't too happy with BoM, but they have certainly turned it around in my book. They have met and exceeded my expectations every time since my first visit.
      11-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
Ruff Rider
"posting from my recliner"
United_States
Rep
Drives: twin turbo Prius

Being married to an attorney has taught me one thing....read every single line of any contract you put your name on. No one to blame but yourself if the deal you got was not the deal you thought you were getting.

It's not the dealers fault that you ASSUME something.

Ping Golf Club demo tech
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #11
SLCGoonski
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Estoril MSport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinlibra1974 View Post
My experience up to about 2 days ago had been average with BMW of Murray. I have sent several people in to buy cars and I also leased a car there but I just found out that I was charged full MSRP. Not one deal in the whole contract. They did throw in a spoiler tint and mats but I know that stuff doesnt cost them much...still I feel I was ripped off and wont be going back there..Its unfortunate because I love BMW cars but here in Utah there is only the one owner of both dealerlships..looks like ill get a Mercedes or Audi. BTW my salesman was named Evan G and his manager the one that brokered my deal was named Scott Simpson..I have to say im very disapointed. What kind of dealership did I lease my car from??

Also, The two friends I sent in to buy cars at BMW Murray were also chaged full price MSRP..

Im having a good friend a car sales finance manager go over my actual lease agreement in the morning to see if I was overcharged there as well...

What a pain in my ass this is!!!
Not sure why anyone would sign off on something worth 50k+ without reading it...this goes for you and your friends. I'm sure BoM wasn't trying to hide anything...but if a customer is dumb enough to pay for something without first looking at the bill, the dealership isn't to blame.

PS - I've got something to sell you...just write me a blank check and I'll fill in the rest.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #12
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep

I'm terribly sorry you feel you had a bad experience. I hope we can get this resolved to make you happy.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #13
SLCGoonski
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Estoril MSport Wagon

I paid full retail on my 335i from BMW. I was fine with that. Shopping local and having a good rapport with the local dealer is worth something to me.

When you go shopping at Wal-mart, do you ask for a discount off retail as well?

And why are you talking down to Park2670? He seems committed to make your experience better.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #14
Das M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 ///M3

Quote:
I can see both sides of the coin, but if you were charged full price initially..no deal at all on price..regardless of whos fault it was would you buy or lease another car from the same place when your lease was up knowing that they ripped you off the first go round?

Im telling my salesman that he needs to do something for me now or Im done with BMW. Why would I give him my business again on a more expensive car to boot..
If I went to dinner and the bill was like 150 bucks for my 2 burgers and drinks would I pay it or actually read the bill and let my waiter/waitress know there is a mistake? Then why would you still complain after buying/leasing a car without reading the fine print?

In telling your salesamn he needs to do something for you sounds like to me you are just fishing for freebies and mad that you didn't get "hooked up."

People know ahead of time about how much a BMW or Audi or MB cost, that's the price you pay for what you get.

Quote:
Thats better..good boy!
ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCGoonski View Post
I paid full retail on my 335i from BMW. I was fine with that. Shopping local and having a good rapport with the local dealer is worth something to me.

When you go shopping at Wal-mart, do you ask for a discount off retail as well?

And why are you talking down to Park2670? He seems committed to make your experience better.
I have to agree on all these points. If you want BMWs at a lower price, why not use ED? Oh that's right you are leasing...

Everyone today wants something for nothing. Next time buy a Hyundai if you want all the features and a low price.
      11-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
coco_m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
So.....gavinlibra1974,

Every time I had a problem with my car, Parker would make house calls to check the problem, or help me over the phone, make me appointments on a sat, sunday.OFF THE CLOCK!!

Don't talk shit on someone you don't know. Parker is a very nice person and I know he does the same thing for a lot of other local BMW owners. Just because you didn't shop around, or call around to different dealerships to look for different deals doesn't give you the right to talk down on people.

Im sorta agreeing with you about BMW OF MURRAY being the only BMW around here so they can charge what ever they want. Thats why I got all my BMW's from Boston.

So I think you owe someone an apology.

Just sayin
      06-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
tommya05
Registered
Rep

ATF at $45.00/Quart

no, the subject line is not a typo: bmw of murray charged $45/qt for atf fluid (2006 325xi ZF trans). obviously, it felt wrong but i purchased 6 qts anyway. the guy working the desk knew i had very little knowledge of minimum fluid requirements and scared me into buying. he had a mustache which makes sense sinse he exploited my vulnerability and violated me.

fyi, turns out that the fluid they sold me is Castrol Synthetic (approx $6/qt at autozone).

tom

(801)915-8686

facts are the facts. i rest my case your honor.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
tommya05
Registered
Rep

*since

ps, car puchased new from bmw murray. theyll screw from on the friend-end even harder on the back-end. didnt even kiss me on the lips
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
mou11002
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi (E90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommya05 View Post
no, the subject line is not a typo: bmw of murray charged $45/qt for atf fluid (2006 325xi ZF trans). obviously, it felt wrong but i purchased 6 qts anyway. the guy working the desk knew i had very little knowledge of minimum fluid requirements and scared me into buying. he had a mustache which makes sense sinse he exploited my vulnerability and violated me.

fyi, turns out that the fluid they sold me is Castrol Synthetic (approx $6/qt at autozone).

tom

(801)915-8686

facts are the facts. i rest my case your honor.
Tom, that is why if I ever needed a part, I'd NEVER buy it from the dealership unless it was an emergency. I just bought the parts for the 100k transmission service. I paid $280 for the pan with the filter, seal and ATF. Let me know if you need any help, I am planning on doing it soon.

----

I always had positive experiences at this dealership. Even though I am 19, I always had a loaner ready for me whenever I brought my car in.
My SA (Steve) was extremely helpful, but he left a couple months ago and my new SA is a lady from San Francisco that isn't as nice as my old SA.

Last edited by mou11002; 11-18-2012 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #19
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mou11002 View Post
Tom, that is why if I ever needed a part, I'd NEVER buy it from the dealership unless it was an emergency. I just bought the parts for the 100k transmission service. I paid $280 for the pan with the filter, seal and ATF. Let me know if you need any help, I am planning on doing it soon. 801-824-9844. Ben

----

I always had positive experiences at this dealership. Even though I am 19, I always had a loaner ready for me whenever I brought my car in.
My SA (Steve) was extremely helpful, but he left a couple months ago and my new SA is a lady from San Francisco that isn't as nice as my old SA.
Steve Smithson left? aww He was my SA too. I loved him.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #20
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommya05 View Post
*since

ps, car puchased new from bmw murray. theyll screw from on the friend-end even harder on the back-end. didnt even kiss me on the lips
Who was your CA?
Appreciate 0