E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help needed on Foglight delete!

04-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: space gray on black 07 335i

Help needed on Foglight delete!

Hello everyone.
I've searched ln google but not much info!
Has anybody done a Foglight delete and replaced them with Air ducts? How can i keep the error light from popping up on the dash after moving them, or should I just use electrical tape to hide the wires and not use the foglight (I don't really use them) Where can I order Air Ducts from after deleting the fogs? I email Tischer but they told me the Air duct I'm looking for is an aftermarket part.
Thanx for the help!
PROCEDE, PWM Vishnu Kit, AR catless DP, BMS DCI, Helix IC, P3 gauge, 25% window tint, mattblack window trim, mattblack roof wrapped. Vorstainer CSL trunk, CF wrapped interior, 18'' Forgestar F14 Matt black, quaife LSD, M3 suspension bits, Mtech front bumper). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JIB8C8HDA
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
Elie335i
Legit :)
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335Is/320i both coupe.

i'd like to know also about the air duct
      04-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
You can wire a resister in to eliminate the fog out error. Or get the bulb check system coded out.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
You can wire a resister in to eliminate the fog out error. Or get the bulb check system coded out.
Cool! Do u happened to know if there are any DIY Cus when it comes to the electrical system i rather not mess with it! Unless I know what I'm doing!
Thanx for the quick response
PROCEDE, PWM Vishnu Kit, AR catless DP, BMS DCI, Helix IC, P3 gauge, 25% window tint, mattblack window trim, mattblack roof wrapped. Vorstainer CSL trunk, CF wrapped interior, 18'' Forgestar F14 Matt black, quaife LSD, M3 suspension bits, Mtech front bumper). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JIB8C8HDA
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

It would be a bad idea to put air ducts in place of fog lights:

#1 It will look pretty bad probably, I've seen people try to cobble this together on a half dozens different makes and models and it always looks like you got in an accident or have no taste.

#2 There are much better and easier places for air ducts, for example putting them under the front bumper would both cool the brakes and create a low pressure zone in the undertray and increase downforce slightly and take no effort, or putting them in the front lower intake grille would be more aerodynamic than replacing the fog lights and looks much better when properly done.

#3 if you care about keeping the electrical system in once peice then you have a street oriented car, you're going to look silly with fabricated brake ducts going to the mall.

Judging by your other threads it looks like you bought an m-tech bumper cover without any hardware or fog lights, and you're trying to avoid paying the money to get the fog light kit that you need with that bumper, which I think costs $400.

Seriously man, just buy the fog lights, don't crapify your car to save some cash, it's a BMW not a Civic.

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER

Last edited by Legion5; 04-13-2011 at 05:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
It would be a bad idea to put air ducts in place of fog lights:

#1 It will look pretty bad probably, I've seen people try to cobble this together on a half dozens different makes and models and it always looks like you got in an accident or have no taste.

#2 There are much better and easier places for air ducts, for example putting them under the front bumper would both cool the brakes and create a low pressure zone in the undertray and increase downforce slightly and take no effort, or putting them in the front lower intake grille would be more aerodynamic than replacing the fog lights and looks much better when properly done.

#3 if you care about keeping the electrical system in once peice then you have a street oriented car, you're going to look silly with fabricated brake ducts going to the mall.

Judging by your other threads it looks like you bought an m-tech bumper cover without any hardware or fog lights, and you're trying to avoid paying the money to get the fog light kit that you need with that bumper, which I think costs $400.

Seriously man, just buy the fog lights, don't crapify your car to save some cash, it's a BMW not a Civic.
i can see what you saying.... but may be what i was asking for was not clear enough. heres a pic of an M3 bumper set up the way i want to set up my M tech bumper. and is not that i dont want to buy the fogs is just that i like the way the this M3 bumper looks without foglights.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

heres a piic of an M3 without Foghlights i kinda like it. so id like to do the same on a M tech bumper if its possible that is.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

I see, so basically you want a high quality job that will mimic the M3 brake ducts on an M-sport bumper.

They already make what you want, it's the 335is bumper:

You probably have to buy the headlights, bumper cover, ducts, accesories and possibly the hood and kidney grilles, but it looks beast. It should run somewhere around $3,000 but you may be able to fit just the bumper with some fabrication for a few hundred.

Your best bet would probably be to cut and splice the 335is bumper onto your m-tech bumper for a few hundred, but no matter what stay away from frabricating a nice solution from scratch.

My weekend car is a high end show car that's had nearly $60,000 of work put into it and I put fully custom fabricated brake ducts and vents on it and that was more work than $3,000, so stick with all BMW parts or just do the bumper and cut and splice it to fit and you're good to go.

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #10
Blk07335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

First off...the ducts on the M3 are not for the brakes. The drivers side feeds the air box for the intake and the passengers side feeds the oil cooler. If you want to use the OEM M3 ducts on a rep M3 bumper it can be done (i did it) but it will require a great deal of careful trimming and test fitting until you get them to fit. The front part will fit perfectly to the bumper but it's the rear that requires trimming. IMO it looks so much better with the ducts. Definitely worth the effort.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk07335i View Post
First off...the ducts on the M3 are not for the brakes. The drivers side feeds the air box for the intake and the passengers side feeds the oil cooler. If you want to use the OEM M3 ducts on a rep M3 bumper it can be done (i did it) but it will require a great deal of careful trimming and test fitting until you get them to fit. The front part will fit perfectly to the bumper but it's the rear that requires trimming. IMO it looks so much better with the ducts. Definitely worth the effort.
Yeah I wanna the same look but on a Mtech bumper! I wonder if I can use m3 ducts on Mtech bumper. I can really find Ducts that are made for Mtech
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie335i View Post
i'd like to know also about the air duct
Ok finally I just found yout that the 335is LCI air ducts fit a Mtech pre-LCI bumper so that's the easiest way to do it. I will take pics once mine is done.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #13
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
I see, so basically you want a high quality job that will mimic the M3 brake ducts on an M-sport bumper.

They already make what you want, it's the 335is bumper:

You probably have to buy the headlights, bumper cover, ducts, accesories and possibly the hood and kidney grilles, but it looks beast. It should run somewhere around $3,000 but you may be able to fit just the bumper with some fabrication for a few hundred.

Your best bet would probably be to cut and splice the 335is bumper onto your m-tech bumper for a few hundred, but no matter what stay away from frabricating a nice solution from scratch.

My weekend car is a high end show car that's had nearly $60,000 of work put into it and I put fully custom fabricated brake ducts and vents on it and that was more work than $3,000, so stick with all BMW parts or just do the bumper and cut and splice it to fit and you're good to go.
You were right!!! The only thing is that this air ducts will actually fit on a pre-LCI Mtech bumper no problem. I just order them and will take pics on once is done
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #14
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Finally that time is here I'm about to pull my oem bumper and mount my néw Mtech bumper with air ducts!!

Can u please elaborate more on the resistor idea to eliminate fog error, thT would be of great help, thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #15
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

just split a wire and connect together
this is what I did
http://img860.imageshack.us/i/plugsindex.jpg/