E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Trouble reaching boost target after doing some pulls

04-09-2023, 12:56 AM   #1
blanketbum
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i (E92)

Trouble reaching boost target after doing some pulls

Hello! (info on vehicle on bottom of post)

I'm having trouble reaching target boost (13.5 psi) after driving around for a while/doing some pulls.

After reaching operating temps I'm able to do some pulls and hit target boost very closely. However, after driving doing this a few times and doing some hard pulls I've noticed (from feeling the car at first) that I cannot make anywhere near target boost. I'm pretty sure the problem fixes itself after the car is restarted, I've left it for about a half hour then went back and drove around and it's been fine.. the only time I turned it off then immediately on to see if it fixes the issue was when I reflashed MHD because I thought it might've reverted to stock as a fail safe at some point.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?
At first I was thinking maybe temps were getting too hot so maybe target boost was cut back, but the logs don't back that theory up and kinda doesn't make sense.. now im thinking failing boost solenoid for the wastegates (under heavy load it will reach up to 6psi) maybe only 1 turbo is putting in work at that point? I'm just thinking out loud at this point please throw some suggestions my way!

I can include the datalog if needed, or a screenshot of specific points.

Also some background:
07' 335i (E92)
MHD Stage 1 tune, completely stock aside from Burger Motorsports dual cone intakes.
Previous owner says it has the 17T ebay turbos but I have zero proof to back that up.
Appreciate 0