E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Hi Sydney folk!

01-20-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 E90, DCT, Space Grey

Hi Sydney folk!

Hi guys,

A brief introduction:
My name is Craig and I am a fellow Mphile.
I am in the process of buying an E92 M3 and after lurking on the forums for some time now and doing my due diligence I am almost ready to pull the trigger on one.
Now I have a question, no it's not one that the search button can answer, are there any members in the Lane Cove area (or further out) that could possibly do me a favour? The favour is, I have possibly one of the worst driveways in Lane Cove and I am really not sure if an E9x M3 will make it up it
The Land Cruiser is obviously no issue at all but the WRX makes it with about 15mm to spare at the nose. If I go any faster than a crawl it touches the deck.

I would normally just fix this but we have moved into a small unit block and the odds of getting the driveway 'fixed' just for this is highly unlikely.
So what I am wondering is if anyone possibly passing through Lane Cove would mind for 5 minutes checking clearances with me. A cold beer, snuggles or whatever takes your fancy (nothing suss) is on offer.
It is mainly to help me decide to keep the car in the garage on site or if I have to buy/lease another one nearby as I am not going to be keeping it on the street.

Cheers,
Craig
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Hi Craig welcome, you might also want to create a thread in the M3 section.

I've linked you to the M3/Aus section
http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164
      01-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Howdy!
Thanks mate. I have actually posted it over there a while back and had zero response out of it so I thought I'd give it a go over here too as the 335i seems to sit as low if not lower than the M.
I think we might be able to use a 335 as a fairly decent litmus test if anyone is about

Cheers,
Craig
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 01:16 AM   #4
harms
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

If there is a dealer local to you that has one for sale, just test drive and say you won't buy it unless you know it fits up the drive, and go for a test drive via your place.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 02:10 AM   #5
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Hey,

Good suggestion. I had thought about that as a last resort as North Shore BMW is only 5 minutes away. I didn't want to piss them off too much though as whilst it's still under warranty I'll be taking it there for service etc and they know I have no purchase interest in the 335i and the M's are as rare as hens teeth through as trade ins dealers now They have said though that if they get an M3 in stock they will let me know straight away to test drive it etc but I kinda need to know before hand to figure where to store it

I'll hold out a bit longer and see if I get a good Samaritan as I am a few months off the purchase anways. I just like to get all my ducks in a row early on.

Cheers,
Craig
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 04:02 AM   #6
miro67
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Craig

I have a 335 m sport and live in the inner north. We are currently building something for work in longuville with a bloody steep drive and I cannot get more than about a foot past the gutter line before running aground.

Depending on availability I can help you out, especially if I can tie it too my next site visit.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 04:43 AM   #7
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Heya,

Thank you very very much! That would be fantastic!
I work in Artarmon so I am never usually more than 10 minutes from home.
I can work around your schedule fairly easily so whenever you are about I'll organise to be there.
I will shoot you my mobile and email via PM.

Much appreciated,
Craig
Appreciate 0