E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Aftermarket deck?

07-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #23
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimo
Ahhh...thanks e90fleet !

For a second, i thought it was an EQ unit add on !! (every cab driver in egypt gets one of those !!)

I know those cabbies and the music they play
An EQ don´t do no good on that.... Just gives them a chance to vary the amount of bass in the distortion.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2005, 04:26 PM   #24
batha
Rep
Drives: Graphite E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
Hi-Fi doesnt use MOST bus to connect to its amp, only the Top Hi-fi ( Logic 7 ) does
So am i to understand that the professional system (non-Logic 7/US) does not use MOST system bus?

Then an ice-link from Dension should work for my i-Pod
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2005, 01:44 AM   #25
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by batha
So am i to understand that the professional system (non-Logic 7/US) does not use MOST system bus?

Then an ice-link from Dension should work for my i-Pod
No, the currently available Ice-link will not work. The ice-link simulates a CD-Changer. In BMW setup it simulates an I-Bus CD-Changer. The Professional Radio in the E90 does not have an I-Bus, only MOST. If you don´t have a CD-Changer and no Logic 7, the MOST-Bus is not used, but it´s still the Radios only interface, so the Ice-Link has no place to dock. The Business Radio (non-Nav) doesn´t have a MOST-Bus, but then it does not support a CD-Changer at all, so again no Ice-Link.

So in any case, you´ll have to wait for an ice-link version made for the E90 and MOST. I bet Dension is allready working on it.

For more information check http://www.e46fanatics.com. Dension is one of the sponsors on that forum and there´s a member called Tom "Gallardo or similar" who works for dension and is very helpfull. I´m sure he can tell you more about ice-link and the E90

Last edited by Tierfreund; 10-21-2005 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2005, 11:10 AM   #26
batha
Rep

Thanks for the help and information. Very auto and tech saavy, just new to the BMW world. But I am confused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund
The Business Radio (non-Nav) doesn´t have a MOST-Bus, but then it does not support a CD-Changer at all, so again no Ice-Link.
I don't have nav in my e-90, yet supposedlly the professional radio. At least the head unit, as it is labeled that way and I did not pay for the logic7. Or is there another sound system setup that I am not aware of. Or by refering to the business radio, are you just referencing a radio on an older model?

BTW, love this forum. Much better source of info that my dealer who isn't quite sure what a bus is.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2005, 11:19 AM   #27
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the help and information. Very auto and tech saavy, just new to the BMW world. But I am confused:

I don't have nav in my e-90, yet supposedlly the professional radio. At least the head unit, as it is labeled that way and I did not pay for the logic7. Or is there another sound system setup that I am not aware of. Or by refering to the business radio, are you just referencing a radio on an older model?

BTW, love this forum. Much better source of info that my dealer who isn't quite sure what a bus is.

The business radio is non-US only. All US models have the Professional radio or the the Professional Nav unit.

In Europe and other markets there also is the simpler Busines radio and the simpler Business Navigation

As for the soundsystem on a US car: If you have a 325 you have the so called "hifi system" which does not run over the MOST Bus. Its a 10 speaker active setup. But a CD-Changer would run over the MOST-BUS. If you opted for the Logic7 on the 325, you have a active 13 speaker setup with a digital sound processor and the amps are fed through the MOST-Bus.
If you have a 330 (US) then you have the Logic7 in any case. It´s standard on the 330

If your dealer doesn´t know what a BUS is, RUN !!!
Anyone who doesn´t know what a Bus is should not work on advanced cars such as BMW´s. There are several digital Buses in even the most basic models (interior CAN-BUS, engine CAN-BUS, MOST-BUS etc.). Without a thorough understanding of those (it´s not all that difficult, they´re like computer networks), you cannot work on a BMW properly without messing things up all the time.
      10-22-2005, 11:32 PM   #28
batha
Rep

Quote:
As for the soundsystem on a US car: If you have a 325 you have the so called "hifi system" which does not run over the MOST Bus. Its a 10 speaker active setup. But a CD-Changer would run over the MOST-BUS.

Thanks again for your help. So my deduction is since I have a US 325 without the logic7, and a so called professional system that since it is not running over the MOST Bus I sould be able to use the Dension ice-link to add my iPod. But since you say that the CD-Changer would run over the MOST-BUS am I screwed because doesn't the ice-link essentially make the system think it has a changer linked into it?

Quote:
If your dealer doesn´t know what a BUS is, RUN !!!
Anyone who doesn´t know what a Bus is should not work on advanced cars such as BMW´s.
That does scare me, but since the next dealer is 2.5 hours away my choices are limited.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2005, 04:28 AM   #29
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks again for your help. So my deduction is since I have a US 325 without the logic7, and a so called professional system that since it is not running over the MOST Bus I sould be able to use the Dension ice-link to add my iPod. But since you say that the CD-Changer would run over the MOST-BUS am I screwed because doesn't the ice-link essentially make the system think it has a changer linked into it?
Correct. You´ll either have to wait for a MOST-BUS compatible version of the ICE-Link, or you´ll have to go with the ipod-adaptor that BMW is offering which has less features than the ice-link.
      10-24-2005, 11:11 AM   #30
batha
Rep

Quote:
Correct. You´ll either have to wait for a MOST-BUS compatible version of the ICE-Link, or you´ll have to go with the ipod-adaptor that BMW is offering which has less features than the ice-link.
Correct about what part? If as you have told me the US professional system does not use the MOST-BUS I should be able to use the current Dension ice-link. Because my understanding is from their tech's, the ice-link only works on systems without the MOST-BUS. Same for the BMW i-Pod solution, it is only availible for systems without the MOST-BUS.

A person would only have to wait for the MOST version of ice-link from Dension if they have a MOST run system in their e90 (logic7)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2005, 11:17 AM   #31
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

I´m sorry, I obviously did not make the point quite clear.

The non-Logic 7 Hifi System on the US E90 does not use MOST to transfer the signal to the amp but instead regular low voltage analogue line.

BUT it DOES use MOST for the connection to a CD-Changer. So even the non-Logic 7 Professional Radio has a MOST Bus and only a MOST Bus (not the previous I-BUS that was used in the E46 for example) even though it does not connect to the amps.

So the CD-Cahnger control in the E90 is allways MOST. That´s why the current versions of the ice-link will not work in any E90.

Sorry I didn´t get that across previously
      10-25-2005, 12:01 AM   #32
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimo
Ahhh...thanks e90fleet !

For a second, i thought it was an EQ unit add on !! (every cab driver in egypt gets one of those !!)
Haha What?

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2005, 12:03 AM   #33
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Is there a way we can just add a subwoofer to the logic 7 setup without screwing up everything else? (JL Audio 10w7) holla!

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2005, 01:05 AM   #34
abc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine325icm
yup fiber optic sucks in u are into aftermarket stereos , i ask my friend who owns a sound shop, it can be done if u dont have i drive , but whole car c\has to be ripped apart any questions go to www.soundfxny.com
what happened, domain is fo sale.
Appreciate 0