E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > RECESSION, REALITY and how it has affected you

02-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #155
Budgie
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X1 25D M sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrap View Post
I’m sure that’s the case with everything. There are ups and downs, two sides to every coin, and your attitude is reflective of your perspective. When you concentrate on the good aspects of the economy, it’s easy to ignore the bad ones — no matter how bad it really is.

Who is Really to Blame for the Credit Crunch? I think you can apportion blame everywhere. Well, in all honesty - We are to be blamed one way or another - us at the bottom end - the consumer level; consumers who saw credit card offers coming in the mail and we thought it was our money; we would get an overdraft and think it was our money; and we’d start living farther and farther into the future on credit – and then when things began tightening we find it hard to service our loans. Can we blame the government, brokers, bankers, etc....just imagine a market without demand?

Advice? We’re in such unchartered territory that no one can actually tell what the future is going to hold, so just be careful with your money guys - it could hit anyone of us..just try to survive for the next year or so....do take care...
Top post...realistic to say the least.Im hanging on in there and im prepared to travel the globe to make a tiny profit,some deals are marginal and the big ones are gone for a while at least...Ive always been cautious myself,so Im gonna ride the wave for a year,but if it turns into a crash so be it.I can assure you there are many worst off,before the credit crunch and many more during and after.Its life...life is a rollercoaster.

Stay positive but i also am sorry to hear that you have lost your living at the moment(6 degrees).

Chin up and remember we are british and ALWAYS bounce back.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #156
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
This recession etc, etc. Can someone explain to me why, in this mornings post, have I received from my bank (one with the black horse), an offer of an unsecured personal loan of £25k as long as my current circumstances remain unchanged.

The letter provides the actual telephone of my branch rather than the call centre number and is signed by the branch Manager.

I appreciate that I work in the closeted environment of the Civil Service, but I'm struggling to understand why this 'money' is being offered in the current climate etc. Thought my bank was in the middle of a financial 'mine field' as well at the mo.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #157
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
why do you think. They want to make money out of you.
      02-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #158
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Alot of this current shite Carlos is due to banks etc. lending too much money. Obviously they want to make money. Point is, the banks, finance houses etc should have learned their lesson by now.

It seems strange imo taking everything into account. I won't be taking them up on their 'offer' anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #159
PhilR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330d M Sport Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
This recession etc, etc. Can someone explain to me why, in this mornings post, have I received from my bank (one with the black horse), an offer of an unsecured personal loan of £25k as long as my current circumstances remain unchanged.

The letter provides the actual telephone of my branch rather than the call centre number and is signed by the branch Manager.

I appreciate that I work in the closeted environment of the Civil Service, but I'm struggling to understand why this 'money' is being offered in the current climate etc. Thought my bank was in the middle of a financial 'mine field' as well at the mo.
+1

I signed in to an online bank account last week (another of the so called big boys in trouble) and was greeted by an instant offer of a £15K loan. All I had to do was click a few buttons and it was mine.

I had the same contempt for this unrequested offer.

Anyone struggling financially due to recession could have easily taken this offer due to a moment of weakness.
Nothing less than Shocking IMO

Shame on them (Bank$).

However, getting out of the other side of the bed, I could have taken the loan and waved the £15k (and my 330d part ex) in front of the nearest BMW Dealership and haggled a cracking deal on an E93 M3 with DCT in White with Red Leather mmmmm
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #160
BC4J
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
They're just building up the next asset bubble and burst with this return to throwing out loans. Typical. Of course the govt want us to carry on spending regardless, as we have an economy totally dependent on consumer spending. That's why they relaxed the bank's capital adequacy ratios with the last bailout. Borrow or bust baby!

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #161
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
I always have been offered loans, though everyone is? at least twice a week.

Does me nut.
      02-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #162
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC4J View Post
They're just building up the next asset bubble and burst with this return to throwing out loans. Typical. Of course the govt want us to carry on spending regardless, as we have an economy totally dependent on consumer spending. That's why they relaxed the bank's capital adequacy ratios with the last bailout. Borrow or bust baby!
Nicely put.
Appreciate 0