E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Have a Rant Thread...

02-18-2016, 12:49 AM   #89
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

If nausea could be summed up with an image that car would be it. Clearly the designer had a crack addiction and drowned in a puddle.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 05:26 AM   #90
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

All external candidates for the job I applied for within my own company (which I mentioned I did before for 2 yrs under hellish conditions) have now become unavailable. 1 not up to the job. Others took other jobs.

Feels like Karma. No info given for why I was not being considered anymore after chatting to my colleagues following a positive initial chat.

GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 05:38 AM   #91
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

So are they offering you the job then?

If not i think you should leave.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 05:51 AM   #92
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
All external candidates for the job I applied for within my own company (which I mentioned I did before for 2 yrs under hellish conditions) have now become unavailable. 1 not up to the job. Others took other jobs.

Feels like Karma. No info given for why I was not being considered anymore after chatting to my colleagues following a positive initial chat.

if you now get approached to do this job, leverage your knowledge of what's happened and your experience to get better pay and agreement on career development. then accept an offer whether you want the job or not as long as it's an uplift compared to what you have now.
then use your increased pay etc to negotiate an even higher paying job externally with another company and then karma will truly be done.

lots of people I've worked with have done this before.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 06:40 AM   #93
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
So are they offering you the job then?

If not i think you should leave.
No I don't think they will.

So much shit has been spread about me by one person who influences everyone here despite actually being useless themself.

You are right.

Was looking at the law option but 4yrs is a long time. 2yr course + 2yr course.

Looking for options
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #94
imy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M140i

depending on which way in law your looking - its a pretty bummed out market.

People I graduated with are still working in immigration or as paralegals.

Unless you got your solid contacts within the market and get exceptional grades it will be difficult. a lot of it comes down to who you know - its very much a class thing (my experience is purely with barristers whom I did pupillages with while doing law at uni.)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #95
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imy View Post
depending on which way in law your looking - its a pretty bummed out market.

People I graduated with are still working in immigration or as paralegals.

Unless you got your solid contacts within the market and get exceptional grades it will be difficult. a lot of it comes down to who you know - its very much a class thing (my experience is purely with barristers whom I did pupillages with while doing law at uni.)
Yes I had a friend who did the law conversion and the bar and never seemed to get far. Not spoken to him in years. Think he went on to do a PhD in an unrelated field.

As expected, it has been confirmed by email that I wont be considered. This is with 0 prospects at this time. I can only put it down to politics.

So more looking around for what else is out there this weekend. C*nts!
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 12:07 PM   #96
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS

How about an old Persian saying? May the flees of a thousand camels infest your crotch and may your arms be too short to scratch.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #97
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

I don't think you should change career, i mean of course you can and many do successfully. But for the moment i think you should focus on your current skills/experience. Re do your CV and get yourself out there. Something will pop up.

Your office sounds like a bitch to work in. In my experience it always comes down to insecurities of people
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2016, 12:12 AM   #98
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Watch this movie in the mean time if you have not seen it before: http://putlockerr.me/tt0151804-watch...putlocker.html

Sorry mods if I am breaking any rules please delete.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #99
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
How about an old Persian saying? May the flees of a thousand camels infest your crotch and may your arms be too short to scratch.
Nice! I like that thought.

It's just so frustrating not to be given the chance to do thing's I'd be great at.

It's very easy to come in, do some work and go home. I suppose that's something to be greatful for. I just have big ambitions to further myself. It's not because of my lack of ability that I'm being held back. Purely some people's hatred towards me.

I've asked HR and said I thought I'd be ideal for the job. I think they believe I'm one of those deluded people who just thinks they are great but actually isn't. A few people I work with know my abilities but aren't in the positions to influence decisions. HR resonded that it's not what the candidate thinks but what the hiring manager thinks. He was all +ve towards me as he's a car nut until he spoke to other people in my office and immediately became disinterested.
Once the external choices fell through I asked again what about my application and I'm told they want relevant experience of this role from outside. I did it for 2 years. I can't see anyone being more experienced than me which is why I can only put it down to negative unfounded comments.
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 08:45 AM   #100
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Watch this movie in the mean time if you have not seen it before: http://putlockerr.me/tt0151804-watch...putlocker.html

Sorry mods if I am breaking any rules please delete.
Yes I love that movie mate!

Probably will watch it again tonight. Friday. 2 days of peace.
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 08:29 AM   #101
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Another BMW owner fed up of see you next tuesday Audi drivers trying to fit their cars in my boot. When I had Dubs it was Fords now its Audi's and to drive a Jag, Range Rover or Disco in these parts you drive with no brain at all it seems as is just a borrowed works car so they really dont care at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #102
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENT-A-GOAT View Post
Another BMW owner fed up of see you next tuesday Audi drivers trying to fit their cars in my boot. When I had Dubs it was Fords now its Audi's and to drive a Jag, Range Rover or Disco in these parts you drive with no brain at all it seems as is just a borrowed works car so they really dont care at all.
I find VW golf drivers the worst. They join junctions like they are Michael Schumacher coming out of the pits. GOT TO GET INTO THE FAR LANE.

In the 335i it wasn't so bad for tailgating. Since getting the M3 a lot more people like to sit up my ass for some reason, no matter what lane I am in. This leads to me leaving more room in front because I can easily out brake them...which leads to them sitting more up my ass.

It's no wonder there are shuts daily on the M25. I see 3-4 cars within 2 seconds of each other a lot of the time, and sometimes cars with barely a car length doing 60mph+. This is what "safety cameras" should be picking up on, not people speeding on empty roads.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #103
imy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
Yes I had a friend who did the law conversion and the bar and never seemed to get far. Not spoken to him in years. Think he went on to do a PhD in an unrelated field.

As expected, it has been confirmed by email that I wont be considered. This is with 0 prospects at this time. I can only put it down to politics.

So more looking around for what else is out there this weekend. C*nts!
Try to be proactive. Speak to recruitment consultants in the field your interested in. Be realistic about what you want to do and expectations. Try to find something your able to transfer the skills you have attained or are relevant. Make finding a job a job in itself. With the right attitude and speaking to the right people, moving career is not as hard as it could be. I changed career (albeit in Finance) 3 times before I settled in Treasury.

But tapping up some recruitment agents is definitely worth while, they can advise you on the market and they are also the ones with all the opportunities.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 12:49 PM   #104
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

I was so angry on my way home. Some jerk in a mere let go of his brake and went into me. He quickly reversed and acted like nothing had happened. The car looked fine but I wanted his details as the bumper had been hit end of. A shouting match ensued... Then I thought.. Okay this is not worth the jail time. If I start to hit this man will have to kill me. I thought of me wife and kids and drove home but for a second I thought I was going to knock him out. I called him a blow job! I don't think there are any comebacks to that one. The lady behind couldn't stop laughing when I called him an Effin blow job! Looking back it is making me laugh now too.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #105
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Btw. Recruitment agents are mostly second hand car salesmen and failed estate agents.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #106
imy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Btw. Recruitment agents are mostly second hand car salesmen and failed estate agents.

I dont know what industry you work in or perhaps your only experience is reed but recruitment agents ive worked with in the city are graduates with good degrees.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 11:11 PM   #107
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Healthcare. Says it all. May not apply to your experience but mine in the NHS is beyond a joke with them.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 03:44 AM   #108
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imy View Post
I dont know what industry you work in or perhaps your only experience is reed but recruitment agents ive worked with in the city are graduates with good degrees.
Agreed, there are quite a few decent ones out here. Once you find a good one, hold onto them.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 10:25 AM   #109
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport Auto

Dashcam recording of a near miss with a white Range Rover which almost hit my car and took me out. Took place in Camberley/Frimley Surrey, UK.

Good example of poor lane discipline and something which occurs regularly at this roundabout. At least this driver apologised as best as she could, most just show you the middle finger!

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 12:28 PM   #110
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22
Dashcam recording of a near miss with a white Range Rover which almost hit my car and took me out. Took place in Camberley/Frimley Surrey, UK.

Good example of poor lane discipline and something which occurs regularly at this roundabout. At least this driver apologised as best as she could, most just show you the middle finger!

What dash cam do you use? Thanks. I need to invest in one. I saw a lady get hurt badly today because some moron was texting and driving. If I had it on cam then he'd surely get his just desserts.
Appreciate 0