E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Boost problem

07-27-2020, 07:15 AM   #1
MrFrizzzz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 BMW 335d

Boost problem

Hi guys,

My car has developed a boost problem and before I go changing unnecessary parts I’d like to ask your opinion. So last week I changed the boost pipe which was covered in oil to a forge boost pipe and repaired the charge pipe because it had a hole worn in it at the top. The car has been driving great until yesterday. Was fine in the morning, went to drive it in the afternoon and no power at all at any revs.

Checked today and the boost pipe and charge pipe are fine. All connected and no leaks. I’ve had a look around the vacuum pipes and can’t see any that are split. What I did notice is the actuator rod doesn’t seem to be moving. I can operate it by hand and after that I started the car and it did move but then fluttered and went back to its original position.

Would you guys say the two pressure converters are more than likely the issue for this?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0