E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Turbo upgrades/ am I doing it right?

11-05-2016, 04:45 PM   #45
M-335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklad View Post
You don't need an lsd unless your gonna be tracking the car or ripping lots of turns under power. In a straight line in dry weather you won't have any problem putting power down to both wheels.
You might have the slowest N54 in the world than lol.

My car has a stage 1 tune, with michelin pilot sport 2 & is absolutely useless in the first 2 gears even when pedaling the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 11:11 AM   #46
Jklad
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M335 View Post
Quote:
You don't need an lsd unless your gonna be tracking the car or ripping lots of turns under power. In a straight line in dry weather you won't have any problem putting power down to both wheels.

My car has a stage 1 tune, with michelin pilot sport 2 & is absolutely useless in the first 2 gears even when pedaling the car.
Hard to believe. I had no problem hole-shotting a couple awd cars (lightly tuned wrx and an evo, and an s55 amg off the top of my head) with my crappy-for-drag racing Michelin pss, on stage 1+ Cobb tune and fmic only. Both tires spin fine after fully disengaging the traction nanny. Sure maybe the drivers were less than stellar, but that's no excuse for an awd - just rev to the moon, dump clutch and go.
      11-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #47
M-335
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hard to believe. I had no problem hole-shotting a couple awd cars (lightly tuned wrx and an evo, and an s55 amg off the top of my head) with my crappy-for-drag racing Michelin pss, on stage 1+ Cobb tune and fmic only. Both tires spin fine after fully disengaging the traction nanny. Sure maybe the drivers were less than stellar, but that's no excuse for an awd - just rev to the moon, dump clutch and go.
How are you comparing those awd cars to a rwd 335? So you clearly don't own one of these cars with mods correct? If you did you would have never made this statement above. Maybe do some research on what the biggest problem these cars have once modded (even slightly modded).
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #48
Jklad
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
How are you comparing those awd cars to a rwd 335? So you clearly don't own one of these cars with mods correct? If you did you would have never made this statement above. Maybe do some research on what the biggest problem these cars have once modded (even slightly modded).
I'm simply stating I've never had this problem (1 tire fire) when drag racing in a straight line with stage 1+ Cobb and fmic on my 2007 6mt rwd with 135k miles which I've owned since 38k for 7 years. I also shared some real life examples of a few cars I've drag raced and had no problem beating (in a straight line) to illustrate this as well. To each their own - if you want an lsd as one of your first mods, you can make that choice.
      11-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #49
TrollToll
Banned
Rep
Drives: 535i

Quote:
Alright man, you get 5 internet points for being such a badass. You win today as you're clearly superior in every way. Now please, shut up.
Appreciate 1
Jklad421.00
      11-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #50
M-335
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollToll View Post
Alright man, you get 5 internet points for being such a badass. You win today as you're clearly superior in every way. Now please, shut up.
Your screen name pretty much sums it up. You probably have pink hair
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 04:12 PM   #51
M-335
Private First Class
Rep

Your post attacking me for absolutely zero reason is why You sound like a real piece of trash
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #52
TrollToll
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Your post attacking me for absolutely zero reason is why You sound like a real piece of trash
Appreciate 1
Jklad421.00
      11-08-2016, 12:24 AM   #53
MidnightBMW335is
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 335is sedan 6 speeed

I'm looking for some help as well. I have an 07 335i 6 speed. I want to upgrade the charge pipe and was looking at some of the options. There were 3 I looked at. Stock style upgrade with bigger pipe and stock diverter valve use. One with stock diverter valves and blow off valve. Or just no diverter valves but blow off valve. How precise does the blow off valve have to be adjusted? What are the benefits of each and would be the best for my setup. I have Cobb tuning, dual cone intake and full 3 inch stainless exhaust. Any help is much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 01:10 AM   #54
longnvu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 E92 E60 F30

Quote:
M factory diff is around 1000.00 than you have to have your ring gear machined off & new one installed on the M factory. All in all its around 2500.00.

This price is plus the cost of the diff http://diffsonline.com/bmw-335-manua...l#.WBaPIMspBnE

That's why I went with the M3, I got the M3 diff, beefier M3 axles & carbon fiber driveshaft for under 2500.00
Did you have to make a custom driveshaft or is the m3 drive shaft plug and play?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #55
TrollToll
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBMW335is View Post
I'm looking for some help as well. I have an 07 335i 6 speed. I want to upgrade the charge pipe and was looking at some of the options. There were 3 I looked at. Stock style upgrade with bigger pipe and stock diverter valve use. One with stock diverter valves and blow off valve. Or just no diverter valves but blow off valve. How precise does the blow off valve have to be adjusted? What are the benefits of each and would be the best for my setup. I have Cobb tuning, dual cone intake and full 3 inch stainless exhaust. Any help is much appreciated
No decent charge pipe will have both DV and BOV. That's a cheap pipe. It really depends on what you want. There are a lot of people who trash talk the stock diverter valves, but they really aren't that bad. If you are just trying to save some money then you can probably get by just replacing the pipe and using the factory valves. If you want a blow off valve, just make sure you get a good one. There are a lot of knockoffs that aren't as good. The HKS for example will not be under $100. Just go with a trusted vendor on this site and you can't really go wrong.

Added during update:
The HKS doesn't need any adjusting. Some others do, like Tial. Luckily there are enough people running all of them, any question you may have has already been answered here.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 10:59 PM   #56
klipse
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 335i

Quote:
Attachment 1522402

Why so butthurt? I acknowledged your obvious superiority over everyone here. You can sleep easy tonight. Then tomorrow, everyone will need to be reminded again.
Oh look, its you in another conflict with another member, surprise!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 11:02 PM   #57
klipse
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 335i

Quote:
Oh hey, TrollTroll talking smack to another member. You are a real winner aren't you.
Appreciate 0