E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Any members in Shanghai?!?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Any members in Shanghai?!?

Just wondering if there are any forum members in Shanghai be it expats or locals. Getting rather lonely here.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 06:15 AM   #2
little_croco
Colonel
little_croco's Avatar
Hong Kong
127
Rep
2,957
Posts

Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [3.00]
Send a message via ICQ to little_croco Send a message via MSN to little_croco Send a message via Yahoo to little_croco
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefz View Post
Just wondering if there are any forum members in Shanghai be it expats or locals. Getting rather lonely here.
Hi Kefz,

I only know a couple of friends in Shanghai who loved to be a BMW owner and are "working on it"...
__________________
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_croco View Post
Hi Kefz,

I only know a couple of friends in Shanghai who loved to be a BMW owner and are "working on it"...
Fantastic!!
It'll be great if i could hook up with em.
Anyway, i went to my dealer today to make the payment for the e90 m sport ready for collection on wed and saw the new version of e60(never a fan of e60 previously) with electric shift and bought it instead of the e90. Its kinda nice with the minor revise in both exterior/interior and i needed a bimmer with more space cause i'm getting a 2 seater this month. Hope i can still hang out here and with your friends with a e60.

And to think i've already bought the e90 matte black grill.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
ny911
Captain
ny911's Avatar
Hong Kong
26
Rep
651
Posts

Drives: R35/981 CS
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ny911
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefz View Post
Fantastic!!
It'll be great if i could hook up with em.
Anyway, i went to my dealer today to make the payment for the e90 m sport ready for collection on wed and saw the new version of e60(never a fan of e60 previously) with electric shift and bought it instead of the e90. Its kinda nice with the minor revise in both exterior/interior and i needed a bimmer with more space cause i'm getting a 2 seater this month. Hope i can still hang out here and with your friends with a e60.

And to think i've already bought the e90 matte black grill.
Which E60 have you got? AFAIK, the short version (5xxi) has to be imported and I saw plenty of 5xxLi (domestic made) in Canton.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 04:30 AM   #5
little_croco
Colonel
little_croco's Avatar
Hong Kong
127
Rep
2,957
Posts

Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [3.00]
Send a message via ICQ to little_croco Send a message via MSN to little_croco Send a message via Yahoo to little_croco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
Which E60 have you got? AFAIK, the short version (5xxi) has to be imported and I saw plenty of 5xxLi (domestic made) in Canton.
The 5xxLi is made by local distributor with longer compartment, hence spacier. Tried it in Zhuhai track day.

The lux version comes with video screens on the headrest of each front seats (for the viewing of the backseaters, where the bosses sit, of course).
__________________
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 06:33 AM   #6
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
Which E60 have you got? AFAIK, the short version (5xxi) has to be imported and I saw plenty of 5xxLi (domestic made) in Canton.
I got the domestic made 523Li which is the long version. Heaps of leg room in the rear. Its quite beautiful and comfortable after "feeling" it for a while even tho its seriously underpowered for my taste, but i figured its good enough since i'm after a smooth and comfortable ride from it. My dealer told me my car is the new space gray, slightly darker compared to the previous.

As much as i love the e90/92, i have reasons for buying the e60 instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 06:50 AM   #7
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_croco View Post
The 5xxLi is made by local distributor with longer compartment, hence spacier. Tried it in Zhuhai track day.

The lux version comes with video screens on the headrest of each front seats (for the viewing of the backseaters, where the bosses sit, of course).
little_croco, hows the ride quality and the handling? How did it fare around the corners? I bought mine w/o any test drive.

The luxury version is only available in the 530Li. I hate how they categorize options with displacement w/o letting each individual choose what they want.
I hope the day will come when i'm in the backseat of my 7xx watching video.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 07:08 AM   #8
ny911
Captain
ny911's Avatar
Hong Kong
26
Rep
651
Posts

Drives: R35/981 CS
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ny911
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefz View Post
I got the domestic made 523Li which is the long version. Heaps of leg room in the rear. Its quite beautiful and comfortable after "feeling" it for a while even tho its seriously underpowered for my taste, but i figured its good enough since i'm after a smooth and comfortable ride from it. My dealer told me my car is the new space gray, slightly darker compared to the previous.

As much as i love the e90/92, i have reasons for buying the e60 instead.
For rear legroom,the Audi A6 L would be better I believe.

Have you compared the handling with those imported E60??

When I looked at my fd's 530Li Luxury edition,the interior is awesome comparing with those normal 530i in HK.

Are all E92/93 in China imported now? According to a mainland car magazine, E90 320i and 325i are assemblied in China. The imported 330i is hell expensive (around RMB 600K). How much is a 335i in PRC?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #9
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
For rear legroom,the Audi A6 L would be better I believe.

Have you compared the handling with those imported E60??

When I looked at my fd's 530Li Luxury edition,the interior is awesome comparing with those normal 530i in HK.

Are all E92/93 in China imported now? According to a mainland car magazine, E90 320i and 325i are assemblied in China. The imported 330i is hell expensive (around RMB 600K). How much is a 335i in PRC?
The Audi A6L is not bad, but personally, i've always wanted a bmw.

I haven test drove any of the e60, but dealer told me the 5xxLi has a better market due to the extra space compared to the shorter version which does handles better.

The luxury version only comes in wood trim for china market, mine has a painted metallic gray trim. Do you have pictures of your 530i interior? I'll try to snap a few pics of mine sometime this week. Luxury version in china means wood trim + loads of options...6 disc changer, rear video, rear table...etc. lol

Yep, all e92/93 are imported. But, e92/93 325i only comes in aluminum trim w/o idrive and the e92/93 330i only comes in wood trim w/ idrive. Pretty sucky huh. All e90s except the 330i are locally assembled.
Its true the e90 330i cost RMB 580k and the e92 330i cost RMB 626k...w/o 10% tax, 50k++ for plate number(in shanghai) and another 10k++ for insurance.
Fully imported is the reason they gave, i say they quote the prices holding a knife to your neck. Anyway, prices in Singapore is worse, trust me.

335i sadly, is still pending sales approval in china, too fast and powerful for the roads they say. lmao
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #10
ny911
Captain
ny911's Avatar
Hong Kong
26
Rep
651
Posts

Drives: R35/981 CS
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ny911
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefz View Post
The Audi A6L is not bad, but personally, i've always wanted a bmw.

I haven test drove any of the e60, but dealer told me the 5xxLi has a better market due to the extra space compared to the shorter version which does handles better.

The luxury version only comes in wood trim for china market, mine has a painted metallic gray trim. Do you have pictures of your 530i interior? I'll try to snap a few pics of mine sometime this week. Luxury version in china means wood trim + loads of options...6 disc changer, rear video, rear table...etc. lol

Yep, all e92/93 are imported. But, e92/93 325i only comes in aluminum trim w/o idrive and the e92/93 330i only comes in wood trim w/ idrive. Pretty sucky huh. All e90s except the 330i are locally assembled.
Its true the e90 330i cost RMB 580k and the e92 330i cost RMB 626k...w/o 10% tax, 50k++ for plate number(in shanghai) and another 10k++ for insurance.
Fully imported is the reason they gave, i say they quote the prices holding a knife to your neck. Anyway, prices in Singapore is worse, trust me.

335i sadly, is still pending sales approval in china, too fast and powerful for the roads they say. lmao
I don't have a E60 in HK or China. Those rear TV screens,tables would make the high more high class,those are optional equipement even on 750Li in HK. Most rich mainland chinese who add those options when they could afford an E60 or E66. With regard to technology,I think A6 L 4.2Q is superb. I really respect to the sun power energy generated sunroof very much. I heard you cannot pay for this option if you are getting a lowly 2.0T/2.4 or even 3.2Q.

335i is too fast and powerful??? More highways in China to blust the engine than HK.

In mainland China,luxury cars (uncountable S or 7) are mainly for business use. A6 L and long wheel base 5 are designed for governors to have better rear legroom and less arrogant image. The image of BMW is still better than an Audi in the mainland. However in HKG,an Audi might be more expensive than a Benz and BMW after higher factory maintenace cost,higher selling price and lower resell value.

More rich people are willing to pay for supercars. But sports sedan?? I don't think it would be as popular as HK as it seems not as aggressive as a super car or big sedan. Btw,what would be your next target??
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #11
little_croco
Colonel
little_croco's Avatar
Hong Kong
127
Rep
2,957
Posts

Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [3.00]
Send a message via ICQ to little_croco Send a message via MSN to little_croco Send a message via Yahoo to little_croco
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefz View Post
little_croco, hows the ride quality and the handling? How did it fare around the corners? I bought mine w/o any test drive.

The luxury version is only available in the 530Li. I hate how they categorize options with displacement w/o letting each individual choose what they want.
I hope the day will come when i'm in the backseat of my 7xx watching video.
No doubt to BMW's ride and drive quality, even it peforms well on the track. Anyway, you will not driving crazily on city roads... or will you?
__________________
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #12
little_croco
Colonel
little_croco's Avatar
Hong Kong
127
Rep
2,957
Posts

Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [3.00]
Send a message via ICQ to little_croco Send a message via MSN to little_croco Send a message via Yahoo to little_croco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
335i is too fast and powerful??? More highways in China to blust the engine than HK.
mate, as you also know, typically China govt control a list annually for the allowed cars to be imported and manufactured. Did not see 335i in this year's list though...
__________________
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
little_croco
Colonel
little_croco's Avatar
Hong Kong
127
Rep
2,957
Posts

Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [3.00]
Send a message via ICQ to little_croco Send a message via MSN to little_croco Send a message via Yahoo to little_croco
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefz View Post
I got the domestic made 523Li which is the long version. Heaps of leg room in the rear. Its quite beautiful and comfortable after "feeling" it for a while even tho its seriously underpowered for my taste, but i figured its good enough since i'm after a smooth and comfortable ride from it. My dealer told me my car is the new space gray, slightly darker compared to the previous.

As much as i love the e90/92, i have reasons for buying the e60 instead.
Well, yeah, 2500cc for a 5 series is just enough for a comfort car... at least 3000cc to feel the power of BMW...

Congratulations anyway to become a BMW owner!!!

BTW, you mentioned you are an expat in Shanghai, mind telling where you from?
__________________
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #14
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
I don't have a E60 in HK or China. Those rear TV screens,tables would make the high more high class,those are optional equipement even on 750Li in HK. Most rich mainland chinese who add those options when they could afford an E60 or E66. With regard to technology,I think A6 L 4.2Q is superb. I really respect to the sun power energy generated sunroof very much. I heard you cannot pay for this option if you are getting a lowly 2.0T/2.4 or even 3.2Q.

335i is too fast and powerful??? More highways in China to blust the engine than HK.

In mainland China,luxury cars (uncountable S or 7) are mainly for business use. A6 L and long wheel base 5 are designed for governors to have better rear legroom and less arrogant image.

More rich people are willing to pay for supercars. But sports sedan?? I don't think it would be as popular as HK as it seems not as aggressive as a super car or big sedan. Btw,what would be your next target??
Yeah i agree those options would be a great enjoyment while being chauffeured. But since bmw is more of a driver's car, i would prefer the pleasure of driving it myself and the only car i would allow my chauffeur to drive me around in would be the previa.

That A6 L 4.2Q is a great all in one car with a nice balance of power and comfort at a rather reasonable price. I was actually considering the A6 L 2.4 but bmw just appeal to me alot more. Tho i'm a fan of the beautiful Q7(especially in black) compared to the X5 or cayenne.

Both Audi A6 and VW passat are very popular choices for the china government. I believe the higher rankings get A6 while the lower gets passat.

Yeah not many here appreciates sports sedans like e90 M3, M5, EVO or WRX. Guess they figured a 2 door coupe = sports car. So i believe most would get a 997 or 6xx if they could afford a M5. Personally, i choose a 2 seater cayman s over a 2+2 e92 M3. But thats just me.

I find the excuse for the 335i silly too. But thats what my dealer told me when i first enquire about the e92 335i. He told me that an expat was also interested in the 335i but ended up buying a SG e90 m sport(325i locally assembled) instead since it wasn't available...yet.

My next target is a cayman s which i'll most probably place an order on during this month. Which is why i opted for the e60 instead for the driving comfort and space. Needed a 4 door car and i wanted the e90 m sport until a rather tall friend of mine sat in the rear seat looking like a frankenstein.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #15
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_croco View Post
No doubt to BMW's ride and drive quality, even it peforms well on the track. Anyway, you will not driving crazily on city roads... or will you?
Yeah i'm excited on the thought of having my first bmw. I'm so sick of driving mercedes as my family only buy a merc everytime they change a new car.

"mercedes makes the best cars like no other" - my dad

Well, i sure hope so...my right foot has got a really dark side to it.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #16
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_croco View Post
Well, yeah, 2500cc for a 5 series is just enough for a comfort car... at least 3000cc to feel the power of BMW...

Congratulations anyway to become a BMW owner!!!

BTW, you mentioned you are an expat in Shanghai, mind telling where you from?
TYVM!!
Always wanted a bmw. I agree on the 3000cc to be able to feel the power of bmw on the heavier chassis of the 5 series. But the price difference and the wood trim sort of set me back for it.

I'm from singapore. Been in china for the past 7 yrs now.

And its great knowing you guys!

I also visit HK rather often to shop. heh
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #17
ny911
Captain
ny911's Avatar
Hong Kong
26
Rep
651
Posts

Drives: R35/981 CS
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ny911
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefz View Post
TYVM!!
Always wanted a bmw. I agree on the 3000cc to be able to feel the power of bmw on the heavier chassis of the 5 series. But the price difference and the wood trim sort of set me back for it.

I'm from singapore. Been in china for the past 7 yrs now.

And its great knowing you guys!

I also visit HK rather often to shop. heh
Guess you are working in Shanghai,right? Any chance to be relocated to HKG? I sure HKG is one of the best city if you like cars very much.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #18
ny911
Captain
ny911's Avatar
Hong Kong
26
Rep
651
Posts

Drives: R35/981 CS
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ny911
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefz View Post
Yeah i agree those options would be a great enjoyment while being chauffeured. But since bmw is more of a driver's car, i would prefer the pleasure of driving it myself and the only car i would allow my chauffeur to drive me around in would be the previa.

That A6 L 4.2Q is a great all in one car with a nice balance of power and comfort at a rather reasonable price. I was actually considering the A6 L 2.4 but bmw just appeal to me alot more. Tho i'm a fan of the beautiful Q7(especially in black) compared to the X5 or cayenne.

Both Audi A6 and VW passat are very popular choices for the china government. I believe the higher rankings get A6 while the lower gets passat.

Yeah not many here appreciates sports sedans like e90 M3, M5, EVO or WRX. Guess they figured a 2 door coupe = sports car. So i believe most would get a 997 or 6xx if they could afford a M5. Personally, i choose a 2 seater cayman s over a 2+2 e92 M3. But thats just me.

I find the excuse for the 335i silly too. But thats what my dealer told me when i first enquire about the e92 335i. He told me that an expat was also interested in the 335i but ended up buying a SG e90 m sport(325i locally assembled) instead since it wasn't available...yet.

My next target is a cayman s which i'll most probably place an order on during this month. Which is why i opted for the e60 instead for the driving comfort and space. Needed a 4 door car and i wanted the e90 m sport until a rather tall friend of mine sat in the rear seat looking like a frankenstein.
How much is a Cayman S in China? Would you buy a fully-equipped one or just a basic one? In HK,the basic price of a Porsche has very few standard equipment and the option list is endlessly long.

It is very true that choosing a long wheel base E60 instead of E90 as you would have a Porsche as your evening and sunday car.

I only spotted few AMG cars in Beijing and Shenzhen,but never met a LHD M car in China yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #19
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
Guess you are working in Shanghai,right? Any chance to be relocated to HKG? I sure HKG is one of the best city if you like cars very much.
Hell yeah HK sure is. Its a great place for car lovers and a nice place to live. I would have bought a civic or an EVO as a 2nd car and spend everyday in the garage if i live in HK.

Thing is...the company doesn't have any branch in HK except shenzhen which is nearest to it.

Only way for me is to fly(from shanghai) over or cross the border(from shenzhen) once in a while when i'm free to.

Somehow, right-hand-drive just feels right to me as i'm used to shifting with my left hand.

BTW, are you currently staying in HK or UK?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #20
ny911
Captain
ny911's Avatar
Hong Kong
26
Rep
651
Posts

Drives: R35/981 CS
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to ny911
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefz View Post
Hell yeah HK sure is. Its a great place for car lovers and a nice place to live. I would have bought a civic or an EVO as a 2nd car and spend everyday in the garage if i live in HK.

Thing is...the company doesn't have any branch in HK except shenzhen which is nearest to it.

Only way for me is to fly(from shanghai) over or cross the border(from shenzhen) once in a while when i'm free to.

Somehow, right-hand-drive just feels right to me as i'm used to shifting with my left hand.

BTW, are you currently staying in HK or UK?
University student in London.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #21
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
How much is a Cayman S in China? Would you buy a fully-equipped one or just a basic one? In HK,the basic price of a Porsche has very few standard equipment and the option list is endlessly long.

It is very true that choosing a long wheel base E60 instead of E90 as you would have a Porsche as your evening and sunday car.

I only spotted few AMG cars in Beijing and Shenzhen,but never met a LHD M car in China yet.
Base price for a cayman s manual is RMB 920k and tip s RMB 957k. The basic car has practically nothing. Your right on the long options list, i even need to pay for the automatic rain sensor...
Porsche options in china market is alot more expensive compared to states. I'm quoted almost RMB 1.2 million for tip s after options w/o tax.
I'm going for the options anyway, but porsche expects a 20% downpayment before they would take down your order and start production! And the trend with buying cars here is that you pay the full amount before collection, no one really pay by instalments, the interest rate is over 10% for a 3 yrs only loan.

There are alot of sick cars in shenzhen. I see heaps of bmws and mercs there and just in the basement carpark of east pacific garden alone, theres 2 F430, 2 997 turbo, 1 SL55 AMG, lots of bmws and mercs. M car...none yet so far.

I'm glad you see my point in going for the e60 instead. Needed an experienced opinion to set my heart at ease.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #22
kefz
New Member
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: e60
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: shanghai [expat]

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
University student in London.
Thats so cool! Good for you mate.
I've always wanted to be a uni student overseas and experience what the lifestyle is like. Too bad i suck in my studies and i'm rather old for it now.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST