E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Beware of Braman BMW Miami

02-20-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
ksierra
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

Beware of Braman BMW Miami

I bought a 335i a couple months back that was a used CPO vehicle. Soon enough i had problems on the car so i finally found time to drop it off. They replaced a couple things free of charge which was fantastic, but small changes took one day shy of two full weeks. When i go to pick the car up not everything that needed fixing was fixed so i bring it back some time later.(also ordered wrong pieces multiple times) The second time, i got a new rear seat unit that wasn't the same as the last. So, we call Braman to ask for the vehicle service record and they agree to give it to us. When we go to pick it up they tell us we can only have the record for the short amount of time that i have owned the vehicle and not from the single previous owner due to some privacy(even after insisting to white out or cut out the info from the previous owner) information from the prior owner. As i leave and stop somewhere for lunch i look over the little records they gave me. I became extremely infuriated from what i came across. During the two week drop off they had fixed an insane amount of things while referring to the cause being a prior frontal collision that had obviously occurred with the previous owner.

The carfax records show the vehicle was previously at thier service department several times before and the report indicates what is was there for except for one time when it seems like it was there for a couple of months. It is safe to assume that this is when and where the collision was repaired. Specially since they are not willing to share the records. This is why they took two weeks fixing all the problems it had from the prior collision that they did their absolute best to keep us from finding out. The week after the second visit i am driving home from the gym when i notice the front lights vibrating. When i get home i get off the car to take a look and find the entire right side of the front bumper hanging. I took it to a body shop owned by a friend to be fixed where they tell me it looks like it had been in a collision. Even after calling BMW of North America to ask for the records prior to my ownership, Braman refuses to give them up now giving the impression they are hiding something. Some attorneys that I have spoken to say this is a strong case where fraud has been committed.

It seems i am going to have to get a court order in order to retrieve the prior service record, so i am sitting here hoping they do not trash the records that show the frontal collision and the amount of damage that occurred as a result of it. I do not recommend Braman to anyone. You are going to get yourself into a mess from hell. In fact, the clicking I took the car in for a few weeks after I purchased it is still there. I wouldn't wish this experience on the people that live to give me a hard time(sound familiar?). ----To answer a question in the comments, i bought the vehicle cpo.

Last edited by ksierra; 02-20-2015 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
reckedhim
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Tl;dr
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
328i_E92_2007
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [9.00]
lol

But seriously OP, that sucks. Hope you get your problems fixed soon.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #4
Cpconst
Rep
Drives: 328xi

So you say it was a cpo vehicle. Did you buy it cpo or was it previously cpo. I have owned several cpo BMW's and can tell you that they will not certify a car that has been in an accident. Ever.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 07:45 PM   #5
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

If you go back and edit your post into paragraphs, I might read it. Sorry you seem to be mad at them, but I have no idea why at this point.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2015, 09:37 PM   #6
LGCubana
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i sedan

Did you purchase as a CPO from Braman ?

They gave me the redacted history of my CPO and the car fax in advance of the purchase, once we knew that I was zeroed in on one specific car.

The Carfax would indicate any prior collisions.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 10:34 PM   #7
Frost17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22' M340i xDrive

Did you have the car looked at by a mechanic (your friend) before hand? I don't think it would be possible to hide all of those problems before purchasing it. Also, I've never heard, as others too, of a carfax not showing a collision and BMW wouldn't CPO that.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 10:46 PM   #8
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost17 View Post
Did you have the car looked at by a mechanic (your friend) before hand? I don't think it would be possible to hide all of those problems before purchasing it. Also, I've never heard, as others too, of a carfax not showing a collision and BMW wouldn't CPO that.
actually carfax does not always show it, i have a e92 328i that was rear ended and i totaled the car but decided to fix it as it wasn't too bad and was a daily driver. A few months later i had a guy tap my rear bumper, Went through insurance again and they paid for it. Then a few months later i check AutoCheck and it was not there, neither the total nor the rear bumper incident. So go figure... U never know what could've happened with the car.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2015, 10:49 PM   #9
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost17 View Post
Well maybe its not showing because the dealer didnt write it as a collision repair but maybe as "service" or "warranty work" and thats why they were able to CPO it and its not in the carfax report?
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2015, 01:26 AM   #10
Buratino117
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i n51

Actually, if any of the insurance companies (owner and the other vehicle in the accident) do not do a claim there is a good chance that the accident will not show up on Carfax. The dealer may opt not to certify the car at their discretion. I we seen cars with a clear Carfax that probably were put together from pieces and seen cars with tarnished Carfax due to a small collision, like bumper coved or something minor. I would say that there are no chances to squeeze dealers balls because after all is a used car and everybody knew that. If the dealersells 120 used cars per month they may have only a limited amount of knowledge when they buy the car. This is anexcellent reason of having an inspection before deciding a used vehicle, regardless what the Carfax says... I am sorry for the OP for having this experience...
Appreciate 1