E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Hellst XRT v5 Review

11-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
Natef53
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

Hellst XRT v5 Review

I just wanted to quickly share some thoughts on my experience with bimmereyes.com and the Hellst XRT Angel Eyes.

In March of this year, I purchased a set of Hellst XRT bulbs from Ross at Bimmereyes.com. I decided on them partially because of the price and the warranty as I had read some not so favorable reviews from other companies.

Unfortunately, earlier this month my friend pointed out that one of my angel eyes was not working. I switched the bulbs around and determined that one of the ballasts had died.

I hadn't read anything negative or positive about the customer service at bimmereyes.com so I was not sure what to expect when I contacted them.

Fortunately, their customer service was perfect. I contacted Ross on a Friday night, after business hours on the east coast, not expecting a response until Monday. Ross responded at 9:00PM EST letting me know that he was sorry to hear of the issues I had with the original set of lights and that he would be sending out a replacement set immediately. Ross responded to my questions on Saturday and Sunday and as promised I received a new set of lights within the week.

I was delighted with how quick, easy, and painless the warranty process was and even with the ballast failure I would gladly recommend the Hellst XRT v5 to anyone as Ross and bimmereyes.com stood behind their product and warranty.

On to the pictures.

Version 5 bulbs and ballasts. The ballasts are visually different, the old ballasts were square boxes with rubber tubing over the wires. The new are oval shaped, smaller, without the rubber tubing. I doubt it will be an issue but I did like the extra protection the rubber tubing seemed to provide.

The front and back of the new Version 5 vs the original purchase Version 3.
Version 5 is more compact and has increased the size and quantity of the LEDs from 8 to 12.

These two images are comparing the v5 bulb with the stock halogen bulbs. As I'm sure everyone can tell, the halogens are on the passenger side.

Now the hard ones. The v3 bulb is on the passenger side on this photo. I'm not a photographer and bright lights in the dark are hard to capture on film but I personally feel as though the v3 bulbs are dimmer by a small fraction. Both in person and in the pictures you can see a minor difference in light output. Additionally, the v5 bulbs seem to be whiter than the v3 which look a little more blue in person.

This last photo is with both v5 bulbs in.

I'm not affiliated in anyway with Ross or the company but I searched high and low for a review of the version 5 bulbs after Ross said he was sending me the newest version and came up empty. Hopefully this thread will answer some questions other members may have about the product!

If anyone has any questions or would like to see more pictures of the lights let me know and I will do my best to get them posted!

Last edited by Natef53; 11-20-2015 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: Pictures weren't linked properly.
Appreciate 0