E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Precision Raceworks DTM Style Halo Kit

02-18-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
SilverJester
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 Evo X GSR

Precision Raceworks DTM Style Halo Kit

Has anyone ever used Precision Raceworks DTM Style Halo Upgrade Kit? They claim to be a plug and play kit. I was going to order a set but it says they are out of stock. I tried emailing them through their web form, but never received a response.

Here's a link:
http://www.precisionraceworks.com/in...&product_id=54
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 05:23 PM   #2
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they told me that they're not selling the kit anymore ..They are expecting to release an updated kit that is even better than this one in March.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 09:45 AM   #3
SilverJester
Private
Rep

Hmm, did you email them from the form on their web site or do you have an address i could use to email them. I don't mind waiting until march, but I'd like to find some more information about them first.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 09:50 AM   #4
Riley1524
Captain
Rep

Here's the email they sent me.. I emailed them from their website.

Chad,
We do not plan on selling the current DTM style headlights any longer. But this is good news because we have a new design that should be released around March that will destroy all other DTM style ring setup's on the market. They are OEM designed to fit exactly like original BMW parts (No glue, No drilling, No splicing). They have more expensive and brighter LED's than anyone on the market has ever used and more LED's per ring than any other as well. From the new optics design, to the OEM fitment, and the circuit boards these truly will be worth the wait. Because of how great these new rings will be the owner of the company said to pull the old style from the shelf "we don't sell anything but the best so stop shipping, quality is more important then making a buck".

I hope this reaches you well and should you have any other questions feel free to ask. I think we will be replacing the current product page with 3d models in the upcoming weeks and then allow for pre-order.

Best Regards,
PR Sales Team
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
Riley1524
Captain
Rep

There's a member on here that bought the kit and installed it with really good results. I think I remember seeing his post in the cosmetic section
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #6
justalilbit
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1524 View Post
Here's the email they sent me.. I emailed them from their website.

Chad,
We do not plan on selling the current DTM style headlights any longer. But this is good news because we have a new design that should be released around March that will destroy all other DTM style ring setup's on the market. They are OEM designed to fit exactly like original BMW parts (No glue, No drilling, No splicing). They have more expensive and brighter LED's than anyone on the market has ever used and more LED's per ring than any other as well. From the new optics design, to the OEM fitment, and the circuit boards these truly will be worth the wait. Because of how great these new rings will be the owner of the company said to pull the old style from the shelf "we don't sell anything but the best so stop shipping, quality is more important then making a buck".

I hope this reaches you well and should you have any other questions feel free to ask. I think we will be replacing the current product page with 3d models in the upcoming weeks and then allow for pre-order.

Best Regards,
PR Sales Team
Wow. That's quite the pitch. Hope they live up to the hype. All the current crystal coronas look like cheap knockoffs compared to OEM.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 09:19 PM   #7
SilverJester
Private
Rep

Thanks for the update Riley. I would love if their claim were true, but the lack of response to the 2 emails I sent them is a little concerning (in terms of how they do business). I'll wait around until March and see what happens though.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 09:32 PM   #8
Riley1524
Captain
Rep

From the looks of their site, it seems like there's not much going on there. It's also hard to believe that they won't sell the current kits anymore.
Appreciate 0