E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Anyone know this E90?

07-05-2016, 09:37 AM   #1
projectvoltron04
Rep
Drives: e39 540i touring

Anyone know this E90?

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knew this car. This is at a dealership in town and they don't know anything about it. I test drove it yesterday and it runs pretty good. They don't have any service history or even know what all mods are done to it. All I know is it has an exhaust, intake, and aftermarket fmic. I didn't look into it to much. It's an auto with 70600 miles on it.

I am pretty interested in trading in my STI for it but not knowing anything about it sketches me out.

If you know anyone who has owned this car or anything about it please shoot me a pm

I am very excited at the thought of getting into the BMW game

Thanks for the help!

Here is a link to the add:
http://www.grandvalleyauto.com/used-...PL3C57AA409104
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #2
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
I don't know the car, but carfax will show service history that's been paid for. If you send me a PM I can tell you where it was originally sold and serviced during its warranty period.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #3
projectvoltron04
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
I don't know the car, but carfax will show service history that's been paid for. If you send me a PM I can tell you where it was originally sold and serviced during its warranty period.
The dealership gave me the car fax for it. I was just hoping to get some more insight to how it was treated. The most previous owner only had it for like 5000 miles. Its been in Denver area pretty much its whole life.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #4
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 MT | 958.1 Cayenne GTS

In addition to the mods you mentioned, it also has relocated inlets. You can easily easily check to see if it has a piggyback tune since it's missing the cowl. Simply slide back the black fasteners on the white weather-proof box on the passenger side of the engine compartment next to the firewall.

I would stay away from this car. The previous owner didn't even bother putting filters over the HVAC openings after removing the cowl. Also, those angel eyes definitely aren't street legal, but judging by the poor light distribution that's an easy plug and play fix.

Personally, I've had bad experiences with buying highly modified cars, and what I can see points towards hack job. My suggestion - buy yourself a nice, clean unmodified 2009-2010 e90. xdrive 335i. Drive it around for a few months, and slowly start to modify it yourself
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #5
projectvoltron04
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
In addition to the mods you mentioned, it also has relocated inlets. You can easily easily check to see if it has a piggyback tune since it's missing the cowl. Simply slide back the black fasteners on the white weather-proof box on the passenger side of the engine compartment next to the firewall.

I would stay away from this car. The previous owner didn't even bother putting filters over the HVAC openings after removing the cowl. Also, those angel eyes definitely aren't street legal, but judging by the poor light distribution that's an easy plug and play fix.

Personally, I've had bad experiences with buying highly modified cars, and what I can see points towards hack job. My suggestion - buy yourself a nice, clean unmodified 2009-2010 e90. xdrive 335i. Drive it around for a few months, and slowly start to modify it yourself
Thank you for the input!

I was leaning towards what you suggested already. So that is what I will do!

I have also been looking into Golf R's so we will see what the future has to hold!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 11:02 PM   #6
adidoman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 335i xDrive

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #7
projectvoltron04
Rep

Thanks for all the help!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 04:57 PM   #8
qwik_ss
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

A little older thread, but I know the previous owner and that car has a big list of mods plus a list of problems. If you're still considering it or if you got it, let me know and I'll get you in contact with the person who had it modded.
Appreciate 0