E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Anyone have luck with haggling on CPO price?

04-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
taxibummin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC BGM & Sakhir

Anyone have luck with haggling on CPO price?

I know that when purchasing new there is room to move on the price, and a target.. usually below MSRP or above invoice which most know. Now, i've found a few CPO 335s with about 15k on the odometer and all are in the same price range... 38,500-39,999. Anyone think the dealer would go lower? According to KBB, trade in price on these cars are around 33-34500, and i'm assuming that's what they paid for them, assuming they were traded in. Anyone have luck getting down to at least $35k? Think i'd have luck in getting this price?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
The Other Tom
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Don't assume the dealer paid trade in. They usually pay below trade in. So yes, there's lots of room to negotiate on a CPO. Here's a recent example: I just traded in a car to my local dealer. He added $7k to the price that he paid me and finally sold it for $5k over what he paid me. And no, he didn't do anything to the car except maybe a $100 detail.

Ask the dealer what he's going to do with the car if he doesn't sell it. If he's honest, he will tell you that he will take it to the acution. Auction prices are variable but generally go down over time. So theoretically, he's loosing money every day. He won't keep it on his lot long. Ask him how long he's had it, and when it is ~6 weeks "old", offer him a low but fair price.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
taxibummin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC BGM & Sakhir

Yeah my uncle deals with dealer auctions actually and he said he hasn't really seen many 335s just yet. I'm waiting, but the waiting is killing me as i really need to get rid of my car. There are plenty CPO sitting on dealer lots, but I can't see myself paying 38K+ for a used 335. I've contacted a few, still waiting on responses.
Appreciate 0