E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > phone cutting off when entering car with bluetooth enabled

05-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
SJNESH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

phone cutting off when entering car with bluetooth enabled

what do you guys do to combat this? its super annoying
      05-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

I don't think it's cutting off, I think there is just a long-ass delay. I don't do it. I end the call and explain I will call right back.

I would love a better answer but that's what I've got for now...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
JNMACE
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Coupe

Mine does not have this problem. I am using an HTC Kaiser and a BlackBerry 8310. Neither ends a phone call when switching over from handset mode to the car's speakerphone.

I may have not understood correctly the problem you described though. Are you referring to the phone actually turning itself off upon attempting to establish a bluetooth connection with the car or ending phone calls?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Roowah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Is it cutting off and disconnecting the call? If not, you may have a similar problem as I do.

Occasionally when I'm currently on a call and then get into my car and start, my phone will first try and connect and it will fail saying that the bluetooth signal was too weak. How can it be too weak? I'm in the car. It will then ask if I want to use the handset and after I hit "yes" a few seconds will go by and it with then correctly pair with my phone. Very frustrating as I have to stop my conversation for about 20 seconds before resuming.

I haven't found a solution to this problem. Never had it with my old phone. I'm currently using a RAZR V3xx.

2006 E90 330i 6MT: TiAg|Black Leather|Poplar Trim|Premium Package|Cold Weather Package
2003 E46 325i 5MT: Retired - The beginning of my BMW obsession!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Did you even read the first page before making this post?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142839

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0