E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > B+ battery cable to fuse box issue

02-08-2018, 06:16 AM   #1
Johnnybhoy7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320D SE

B+ battery cable to fuse box issue

Last night I went to open the car and there was no power to even unlock it. After some research it became quite apparent my issue is the b+ cable going from the battery to the fuse box.

My car has no power at all but I know I can potentially wiggle the cable to get the power back on to start the car to get it to bmw as Iím sure itís a recall item and they just repair the cable.

Because Iíve no power I canít open my passenger door to access the fuse box freely is there any other way to get the passenger door open? When I pull the handle the pin moves up but doesnít stay up. That and the window not dropping make it difficult to open the door and donít want to be too firm.

The only other option I can think of is removing the glove box from the driver side it will be a little awkward being pretty tall and large 😂
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 04:50 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybhoy7 View Post
Last night I went to open the car and there was no power to even unlock it. After some research it became quite apparent my issue is the b+ cable going from the battery to the fuse box.

My car has no power at all but I know I can potentially wiggle the cable to get the power back on to start the car to get it to bmw as Iím sure itís a recall item and they just repair the cable.

Because Iíve no power I canít open my passenger door to access the fuse box freely is there any other way to get the passenger door open? When I pull the handle the pin moves up but doesnít stay up. That and the window not dropping make it difficult to open the door and donít want to be too firm.

The only other option I can think of is removing the glove box from the driver side it will be a little awkward being pretty tall and large 😂
Depending on your VIN there was a recall for this problem. It's a known problem.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2018, 04:58 AM   #3
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybhoy7 View Post

Depending on your VIN there was a recall for this problem. It's a known problem.
Recall reference
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:52 AM   #4
therealdb1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Graphite E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
While you are speaking to BMW ask them if your car is on the blower harness recall as well. That is to fix the potential fault that makes your pride and joy catch fire.
Better to get both issues resolved in one visit.
You can check if your car is affected by typing in your registration number here:
https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk...738.1513011089

I know that this will not help the OP as he is probably sorted by now but useful for others with a similar problem

Last edited by therealdb1; 05-30-2018 at 03:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
tadaska49.00

05-30-2018, 09:13 AM   #5
tadaska
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 320D ES

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdb1 View Post
While you are speaking to BMW ask them if your car is on the blower harness recall as well. That is to fix the potential fault that makes your pride and joy catch fire.
Better to get both issues resolved in one visit.
You can check if your car is affected by typing in your registration number here:
https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk...738.1513011089

I know that this will not help the OP as he is probably sorted by now but useful for others with a similar problem
My numberplate comes up with this:

"Outstanding recall found
As of 30 May 2018 there's an outstanding manufacturer's safety recall on..."

Doesn't say what it is. Any idea what it could be or how to find out?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
therealdb1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadaska View Post
My numberplate comes up with this:

"Outstanding recall found
As of 30 May 2018 there's an outstanding manufacturer's safety recall on..."

Doesn't say what it is. Any idea what it could be or how to find out?
You need to call your local franchised dealer and they will tell you if it is the Battery +ve or Blower Harness problem or both.
Whichever it is you will need to book your car with them and get it fixed free of charge.
You will probably have to wait a while though as I booked mine in yesterday and the first appointment I could get is 5th July.
It depends where you are in the country and the number of dealers I guess. My "local" dealer is 35 miles away!
Appreciate 1
tadaska49.00

07-25-2018, 10:08 AM   #7
therealdb1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Has anyone actually managed to get the remedial work carried out under the BMW recall notices?
The afternoon before mine was due to be done at the beginning of the month the dealer cancelled the job stating that the parts were unavailable and they would contact me in due course.
Three weeks later, I asked for a status update and the dealer is now refusing to book any cars in for this work due to the "global shortage" of the parts.
So where does that leave us with our ultimate driving machines that may stop or catch fire at any moment because of known faults and will BMW in the future pay an extra few Euros for better quality connectors to prevent a repeat performance?
I think we all know these are rhetorical questions!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
snedanator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i le mans blue

Yeah I got the battery terminal done a coupla months ago... Was supposed to do the blower harness as well but there is no parts in the UK for it... So it's postponed till further notice.
Appreciate 0