E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Wet drivers carpet

05-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #1
Biddy
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Wet drivers carpet

Hi all

As per title,the carpet in my drivers side footwell is damp(Right hand drive).Now I have checked the usual places and fixed(hopefully)anything that was amiss.
I have refitted the door seal as it wasn't sat correctly in one corner.
The vapour seal behind the door trim was hanging off so that was removed,cleaned and refitted.Also door drain holes cleared.
I have fitted a new windscreen cowl as the old one was looking a bit tired,and I have flushed the drain under the bonnet(hood).I don't have a sunroof so no roof drains to worry about.
Now a couple of weeks after doing all this with no luck I found a couple of drips behind my bonnet release handle and a few drops on my floormat after it had been raining.
I removed the handle and the trim around the OBD port and found watermarks on the back. There is a module under there with foam backing which was absolutely soaked,the module was luckily dry. I have sealed a few of the rubber grommets under there as there was condensation around them but it hasn't fixed it.
I'm running out of things to check now,although I've been told that water can get in and run down the bonnet release cable into the car but I haven't had time to check that yet.
Could anyone shed any sort of light on this as its really got me puzzled?
I've had my other half hosing the car down as well while I was in there with a torch and couldn't see anything
Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 07:01 AM   #2
Vilmantas
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddy View Post
Hi all

As per title,the carpet in my drivers side footwell is damp(Right hand drive).Now I have checked the usual places and fixed(hopefully)anything that was amiss.
I have refitted the door seal as it wasn't sat correctly in one corner.
The vapour seal behind the door trim was hanging off so that was removed,cleaned and refitted.Also door drain holes cleared.
I have fitted a new windscreen cowl as the old one was looking a bit tired,and I have flushed the drain under the bonnet(hood).I don't have a sunroof so no roof drains to worry about.
Now a couple of weeks after doing all this with no luck I found a couple of drips behind my bonnet release handle and a few drops on my floormat after it had been raining.
I removed the handle and the trim around the OBD port and found watermarks on the back. There is a module under there with foam backing which was absolutely soaked,the module was luckily dry. I have sealed a few of the rubber grommets under there as there was condensation around them but it hasn't fixed it.
I'm running out of things to check now,although I've been told that water can get in and run down the bonnet release cable into the car but I haven't had time to check that yet.
Could anyone shed any sort of light on this as its really got me puzzled?
I've had my other half hosing the car down as well while I was in there with a torch and couldn't see anything
Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

Hello, maybe you found the problem?

Have the same issue..

Thanks.
Appreciate 0