E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help with N54 Cyl-1 Misfire Please!

05-18-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
KPDcompany
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E90

Exclamation Help with N54 Cyl-1 Misfire Please!

I have posted on n54tech and have gotten great help, but still havent fixed it, so I wanted to get some other input from some others. Car is stock turbos, FBO on E60. Cylinder-1 misfire is consistently at high rpm near redline and would not happen on jb4 map 1, but does on map 7. I have swapped coil packs between cylinders 1 & 2, swapped spark plugs between 1 & 2, put new NGK plugs in gapped at 0.019(95770, new 5992's) and then just yesterday put a new index 12 injector in cylinder 1, coded correctly and still the same misfire. Which really sucks because that means the injector I pulled out was fine, it was dirty, but really not nearly as bad as you would normally see. All coil pack wiring grounds are tight and have been loosened and re-seated. I am not sure what could possibly be going on. It would not let me attach a csv log from this morning when it misfired, so I put a link to the datazap log. As you can see in the log, all cylinder ignition timing look to be identical but cylinder 1 still differs from the other 5. I am at a loss here and hopefully someone here can give some insight. I have new OE Bosch plugs that I will but in this evening to see if that fixes anything at all.

https://datazap.me/u/kpdcompany/anot...25-26-27-28-29