E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Transmutation Malfunction Light

09-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
Swablo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92

Unhappy Transmutation Malfunction Light

My 2007 bmw 335i with an Automatic Transmission started acting weird a bit ago, the trans malfunction light would come on occasionally but after restarting the car it would go away. Two weeks ago driving 4 hours to college my service check engine light and translight came on, both disappeared. This weekend driving 2 hours to my friend college I expierinced the trans malf light several times but I was in a dead zone and in the middle of bumble PA which is sketchy. Today driving back about an hour in the light came on but this time it wouldn't go away, it is accompanied by the service engine soon light as well. I read somewhere that it could be my battery dying causing electronic errors, but the car does shift bad, it rolls back sometimes. Things that just shouldn't be happening. Now the car is stuck with the trans malf,service engine soon light and is in limp mode.

Read the code ( P17EC ) 5:4 Ratio is the description.

Maybe flush the transmission fluid?
Battery?

I hope I don't need a new trans :/
Appreciate 0