E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 Rough idle issue

01-13-2020, 05:23 AM   #1
RafaczE92
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 335i xDrive Coupe

N54 Rough idle issue

Have already replaced the valve cover, along with new eldor coils and Bosch OEM spark plugs. Walnut blast has already been completed. Vanos solenoids were cleaned with new gaskets installed.
What else can it possibly be? Really hoping it isn't the injectors as I don't want to drop 1350$ on new ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 05:34 AM   #2
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaczE92 View Post
Have already replaced the valve cover, along with new eldor coils and Bosch OEM spark plugs. Walnut blast has already been completed. Vanos solenoids were cleaned with new gaskets installed.
What else can it possibly be? Really hoping it isn't the injectors as I don't want to drop 1350$ on new ones.
Check your electrical connectors & vac hoses
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 05:35 AM   #3
RafaczE92
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 335i xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I actually forgot to mention that the rough idle is a sharp shake every 15-20 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 07:48 AM   #4
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Drive your car around......and then park it for the night. In the morning (before you start it)....pull each spark plug out. If any of the plugs are wet with fuel, or even smell like gasoline.......you have a leaky injector in that cylinder.

My car had that rough idle when I first got it. Pulled the plugs after letting the car sit all night and found one wet with fuel. Put a new injector in......fixed the idle issue. All is good 👍

Oh.....and you don't have to replace all of the injectors...just the one(s) that are leaking.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #5
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I actually forgot to mention that the rough idle is a sharp shake every 15-20 seconds.
Check the vacuum line on the throttle body
Appreciate 0