Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > M Sport 613 style rims tyre suggestions

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-14-2022, 03:22 AM   #1
Rishank Ponnanna
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 320d

M Sport 613 style rims tyre suggestions

Hey guys,

I recently purchased the M Sport 613 Style alloys for my e90 320d and they are a staggered setup. I got the style name from the internet and I might be wrong, so I'll be attaching images here. My car recommends 225/40/r18 front and 255/35/r18 rear but since the roads are bad in my area, i was planning 245/40/18 for the rear and 225/45/18 for the front.

Also, 235/40/18 for all 4 wheels works? I want to know if I can fit 235 for the 9j rear wheel as it comes from the F10 530d which has recommended tyre size of 275/40/18. I'm sure 275 in my car will rub so I want a setup that will not run and not spoil the ride comfort, the mileage and the power by a noticeable margin. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Attached pics here
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 10:51 PM   #2
Rishank Ponnanna
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 320d

I went through a lot of forum discussions here even though none of you helped me with my exact question, I decided to go ahead with my new setup and home everything goes well. This is to help people who are willing to have my exact setup.

I have installed the bmw oem m sport 613 style Rims which is 5x120pcd 18inch Rims.

Front: 8j et 30
Rear: 9j et44

My car is the 2010 bmw e90 320d lci.

Front tyre: 235/40/r18 Continentals
Rear tyre: 265/35/r18 continentals

I have shifted from the stock 16 inches which is 205/55/16 all fours. I use my car in India and my hometown has worst roads possible. The ride on highway is almost identical with no noticeable difference but on bad roads with potholes, it is slightly bumpy and noticeable.

I don't mind it as the vehicle looks amazing and since its non RFT, it still has a little softness to it.

The most important question that most of you have is if these sizes will rub the fenders of the suspension struts. The answer is No. There is no rubbing issue for me. Even with full lock turn in the front, the tyres don't rub.

One funny thing that I noticed is that, when I was on 16s, when I hit the pedal to the medal, the car would take off but there wouldn't be any wheel spins. On this setup, the wheels spins and traction kicks in. This setup has way more grip but maybe it puts down the power better. I don't know.

Hope this helps some of you planning a similar setup. If you want to see how my car looks, you can let me know and I'll share some images here or you can look up my video on YT which I'll be releasing soon on my channel Rishank Ponnanna.
Appreciate 0