E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > No A/C or Heat

05-21-2024, 03:37 AM   #1
E92GreenGoblin
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i E92 2008

No A/C or Heat

Any help would be much appreciated it’s been 90+ degrees outside and i have no air. it’s not fun. Bought my 2008 328xi last year with heat and a/c working perfectly, one day i went over a bump and the A/C started to cut in ond out. I changed the blower motor 3 different times including the resistor. I can hear my A/C compressor kicking in once i turn it on but the blower motor doesn’t want to kick on. I’m getting these Codes- 009C6C, 00A6CF.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 02:33 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92GreenGoblin View Post
... 2008 328xi... one day i went over a bump and the A/C started to cut in and out. I changed the blower motor 3 different times including the resistor. I can hear my A/C compressor kicking in once i turn it on but the blower motor doesn’t want to kick on. I’m getting these Codes- 009C6C, 00A6CF.
Here are "BMW Fault Code Lookup definitions of those two Codes:
9C6C | IHKA: Supply, switch center, center console 12 V | ihka87
A6CF | JBE: AUC sensor | jbbf70 | Junction Box electronics

The AUC Sensor Fault is Irrelevant to your issue. There is apparently a Voltage Supply/ Ground issue. First thing to do is check fuse F77 for Battery Voltage with Ignition ON, KL30G (Accessory Relay) Active.

Questions:
1) What Make/Model Scan Tool or Diagnostic Software (INPA/ISTA) do you have available?
2) Are any other Fault Codes read in IHKA or JBE Modules other than the two listed above?
3) Does IHKA (Climate Control) Panel Light-up when Ignition ON?
4) Does Green LED "Snowflake" button light On/Off when pressed on right side of IHKA Panel?
5) Do Footwell, Ventilation & Windscreen buttons on LEFT of IHKA Panel function?
6) If you still have a Blower Motor that was previously installed in vehicle, does Blower work when Battery Voltage is applied to Red wire & Battery Ground applied to Brown wire (wires going from resistor to Blower Motor)?
7) Do you have a Multimeter?

Answers to those Questions will allow us to suggest "Next Steps".
George
Appreciate 0