E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > its here!!! cant wait to give it a go - racechip tuning

05-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93

its here!!! cant wait to give it a go - racechip tuning

so my racechip pro finally arrived, if you would remeber came on here asking about it and got told off for being one of their salesmen ....

well after checking a few other forums....ie the Navara crew and the the ford forum (as well as a mate who owns an e46 who has one), i decided to got for it since it was supposed to give some good figures(i know, im not going to see all of that ...blah blah blah) and was much cheaper than the spiders and dtuk's and all that

well i missed the post yesterday so it got sent back to the depot and better believe me when i say i was at the P.O 10 mins before they actually opened.......i just couldnt wait.

so im gathering up the curage to and rp the cover off and put this thing on but first .....

its really small...ill get some pixs up when can...fits in my palm
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

what is it

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
Tucker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 320d Remapped to 212bhp

Garage List
2005 E90 320d  [0.00]
2005 320d  [0.00]
2005 E90 320d  [0.00]
Any Reviews???

"Pain is temporary, pride is forever"
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Probably this http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chip...0d-3058-r.html by the sounds of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep

yep...dats the one.....there are a couple of various other forums that has tried them before i bought and they all put it first place to the other ones available to em......

heres one review from another forum....http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...10/index2.html
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
Antinontoxic
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

any updates?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep

sure...a short one thoug as i'm not one for long exhaustive reviews......

so i ve had the box for sometime now and and my first impressions of it was that when i first put it on.....the engine sounded a bit smoother (but this could have just been in my head)....it was on factory settings and after going for a quick drive, i realised that there was an improvement but not a day and effect. was almost a bit upset about not just geeting a remap but then i remebered that the factory settings were on low so i got out the hex keys and moved the 2 internal jumpers. this was scary for me as i didnt want to end up with a damaged car because i had neveer had a diesel and had also never used a tuning box in my life.

i guess i got a bit brave in the end becuz i put jumpers quite high but the engine sounded a bit rough so i toned it down a bit and when i was happy that asll was well, went for another test drive.it was well worth it because when i put my foot down this time, i felt as though i was back in my e46 330ci.....i mean, the car just went!

so i decided to go for a longer drive as the manual says you have to test the car in order to make sure that it doesnt go into limp mode(this is another sign that your settings are too high). so off to see my old man, going up the bridge adjacent london city airport and lo and behold....limp mode...not to worry,old man was only a mins drive away. got there moved the jumpers back a bit and out to test on the bridge again (i believe the incline on the bridge provides more of a challenge to the car in 3rd gear so any problems with my settings would show).

car was fine so decided to leave it as that for a few days to allow it to settle. i gradually increased the settings over the next couple of miles and am now on the second to last jumper for left jumper and the 4th to last on the right one. i am very happy with the added performance and i still get 43 mpg.....mainly town driving......+62 on long motorway journeys (according to obc)

to be honest, when i shove my foot to tthe floor.....theres a fair amount of smoke out the back but i guess its not too bad since its a 163.

and my turbo lag went completely! i miss getting shoved back into the seat sometimes though .

that it.....short and sweet.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 06:05 AM   #8
li21
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Hi g_jonblaze

Years on did you have any issues with the Racechip ?
Do you think there are any issues running it with a Diesel car that has a DPF?

thanks
Appreciate 0