E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > cutting the stock springs !

09-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #23
dvpouldar26
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 328i, Porsche 987.1

Do NOT cut the springs! The stock springs are progressive springs. Cutting it shorter willll throw off the handling and predictability of your suspension. Let alone that if you cut them alot, and really lower your car, your stock shocks will eventually blow out. Just wait for your springs to come in and do it the right way.
Jet Black / Gloss Black Grilles / 8000k D1S low beam / 6000k HID fogs / GP Thunder 8500k angels & cornering bulbs / black reflectors / gloss black vinyled window trim / tints / smoked rear turn signals / black roundels / AC Schnitzer roof spoiler / VRS style decklid spoiler / Matte black Stripes / Rear fogs / matte mirrors / 19" LM reps / APR lip
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #24
orionredwing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan, 135i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Hehe, is cutting springs still popular these days w/ the Civic crowd? I remember that used to be the rage back in the 90s (on Civics), but I thought every1 is more knowledgeable these days. I guess kids are still kids....

Anyways, back on topic, yes like what every1 else said and explained, don't do it. If you did, you'd probably be the only beemer in the world, so if you want to be notorious.... j/k

PROcede | AMS FMIC | AR Catless DPs | AR Oil Cooler | BMS DCI
Wavetrac LSD | KW V3 w/ Swift Springs | M3 Front Suspension
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #25
lonestar22
Ground Clearance?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i & X5

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwXGIbq8z8E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwXGIbq8z8E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

E90 330i - E90 335i - E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #26
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
LOL LOL WDF, that Civic is SLAMMED for reals. I don't think there's spring on that bad boy.
      09-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #27
andrew 330i
it can never be too clean...
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport Wagon

~ please post some pics once you get your new springs installed - cheers!

kw v1 coilover kit / 19" staggered 351 M double spoke wheels / upper strut bar /
sport line grille & exhaust tips / 50% tint / painted reflectors / debadged / complete clear bra
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #28
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallic_Dream View Post
thanx i`ll not cut anything ofcourse

but i discovered that some ppl here don`t respect others` ques.

thats sad America

WOW? You brought the country in which we live into the topic? Really? Where we live has nothing to do with respect or our taste in cars. There are a lot of people here that AREN'T from America. Look at yourself. Apparently people from Italy like to ask pointless questions and are offended when other people don't agree with illogical suggestions. Personally, I'd be the first one to pay for a DVD recording you struggle with cutting your springs and then watching you drive off in your car, front bumper scraping the ground and your rear bumper a foot in the air making popping and grinding noises as you drive away, only to have to change them out again a week later when your suspension arrives.

Before you 'disrespect' ANYONE by saying America is a 'sad' place and become a hypocrite like you just have, why don't you think about your question before opening your mouth. If I say something stupid, I would expect to be ridiculed. That's what happens. You've ridiculed someone before I guarantee it. If you tell me I'm wrong, then I have no point here. What happened to you has nothing to do with "Americans" and that metality, "Oh the damn Americans" is a fucking disease. And if you come to me again with that attitude I'll rip the pizza pie and mustache right off of your mouth.

Lesson: Don't criticize someone for being disrespectful, and then defend yourself by disrespecting an entire nation based off a stereotype. YOU are clearly a peon who is brainwashed by your government leaders into thinking I'm a 'sad' person as you say. If you hate me, that proves it. Because I'm generally a nice person, at least until someone like you tells me who I am.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 05:47 AM   #29
PandaBear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i X-Drive

Garage List
2009 335i X-Drive  [0.00]
2007 328xi  [0.00]
pwned...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 07:09 AM   #30
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBear View Post
pwned...
nice first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
WOW? You brought the country in which we live into the topic? Really? Where we live has nothing to do with respect or our taste in cars. There are a lot of people here that AREN'T from America. Look at yourself. Apparently people from Italy like to ask pointless questions and are offended when other people don't agree with illogical suggestions. Personally, I'd be the first one to pay for a DVD recording you struggle with cutting your springs and then watching you drive off in your car, front bumper scraping the ground and your rear bumper a foot in the air making popping and grinding noises as you drive away, only to have to change them out again a week later when your suspension arrives.

Before you 'disrespect' ANYONE by saying America is a 'sad' place and become a hypocrite like you just have, why don't you think about your question before opening your mouth. If I say something stupid, I would expect to be ridiculed. That's what happens. You've ridiculed someone before I guarantee it. If you tell me I'm wrong, then I have no point here. What happened to you has nothing to do with "Americans" and that metality, "Oh the damn Americans" is a fucking disease. And if you come to me again with that attitude I'll rip the pizza pie and mustache right off of your mouth.

Lesson: Don't criticize someone for being disrespectful, and then defend yourself by disrespecting an entire nation based off a stereotype. YOU are clearly a peon who is brainwashed by your government leaders into thinking I'm a 'sad' person as you say. If you hate me, that proves it. Because I'm generally a nice person, at least until someone like you tells me who I am.
+1 lil rough, but oh well
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #31
Metallic_Dream
Rep
Drives: e90 325i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post

hey kid ,,don`t tell me what i need to say & what i need to be !

live ur life as u like ..but don`t touch others` life !

& btw i`m happy cuz u r an idiot american
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #32
jippii ensio
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

A few years ago I went to the best racing suspension shop I knew and asked them to get me the best suspension for occasional track days and hard daily driving. I wasn't satisfied with any coilovers available since 80% of them are just slammed jokes. So we went with Bilstein sports revalved to the custom specs. They were slightly shorter than stock. We selected the springs based on spring rates and found out that cutting a dead coil off Eibach springs was the ticket for the optimum spring rate and spring height and to be the perfect match for the shocks. I believe the suspension is still among the best for its purpose in the application.

It all depends on by how much you cut and how well will they work with the shocks you will use with them.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #33
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallic_Dream View Post
hey kid ,,don`t tell me what i need to say & what i need to be !

live ur life as u like ..but don`t touch others` life !

& btw i`m happy cuz u r an idiot american
You're happy because i'm an idiot american? Then why are you complaining? I'm happy you are completely oblivious as to who I am. Because if I knew you, i'd make you hate America even more. Welcome to america.
Appreciate 0