E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sport Seat Side Bolsters not holding position

03-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
samsamwu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Sport Seat Side Bolsters not holding position

just like the title says when adjust the side bolsters just how i like them in a couple days they loosen (go wider) and no i dont have the seat memory seats to automatically move when i use a different key, and no one else drives my car
and no i am not loosing weight, i got 6pack abs, but maybe this is the problem i set the bolsters so tight that these fat american spec'd seats dont like to be that tight??
Anyone else have this problem? Since this takes a couple days to see, every SA will say its not reproducible
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
CarForHire
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow in the left lane.

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
I say measure the distance between them when you set it for yourself, and then measure it in a couple of days. I know when I adjusted them, it felt really tight against my body, but I just ended up getting used to the feeling and would adjust them more.
      03-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

I think the bolsters are adjusted via air pressure (correct me if I'm wrong), so yours could have a tiny leak in the bladders and deflate after a couple of days.
Appreciate 0