E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > maryland: best place to live near passport?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
Brians BMW
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: green, yeah
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northern VA

iTrader: (0)

maryland: best place to live near passport?

as long as my background and credit check go through fine, i'm going to begin a new job over at passport BMW. My only issue is i'm commuting from the fairfax/vienna area down there. i'm looking to relocating to alexandria off 395, but i wanted some imput from maryland people on where is a good place in maryland to find an apt.

any ideas welcome
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
jreaton
Private First Class
2
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: 335i Coupe Saddle Brown, Nav,
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Check the morning traffic reports before you decide to commute from NOVA into MD every day. The Wilson bridge still backs up. The Beltway is a parking lot.
__________________
335i Coupe Jet Black, saddle brown, nav, pdc
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
Brians BMW
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: green, yeah
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northern VA

iTrader: (0)

isnt 495 south in the morning clear though?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
KL2DC
Moderator
KL2DC's Avatar
United_States
277
Rep
17,768
Posts

Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Awesome...!!

Yes, 495 going that way is ok in the mornings. I'm not sure what your criteria is but you have choices.

GL with everything Hope to see you soon at Passport.
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
Brians BMW
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: green, yeah
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northern VA

iTrader: (0)

yeah i pretty much got the job over at passport. i had to decide between passport and fairfax, but i decided the trip to passport to me was worth it over the 4 minute drive to fairfax bmw.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
Brians BMW
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: green, yeah
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northern VA

iTrader: (0)

my only criteria is.....if i can live in PG county im ok, as long as its not a crime area (we all know how pg count ys).

im not too good on maryland location, but isnt waldorf close by? if so, any word on the area? i dont tend to go into md much ( i hate going up to rockville. i always always somehow miss the 270 south to get back on 495 and end up on 495 headed to beltsville)

i was looking at alexandria but im open to closer places in a good community.
apartments for rent that is
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
139
Rep
7,932
Posts

Drives: 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.50]
It sounds like you need to spend some time on Google Maps. The nice thing is that you're in the NoVA area now, so you can take your time, drive out that way and just look around at the various neighborhoods. I don't know MD, but as you know, Passport doesn't seem to be in the greatest location. Nevertheless, if I were working there, I'd live in MD rather than making the commute from VA every day. I hate traffic.
__________________
E90 330i Black Sapphire 6MT | 991.1 C4 Platinum Silver 7MT
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
MDman
Private First Class
MDman's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
189
Posts

Drives: Space Grey BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD

iTrader: (0)

Let me know if you need any help, my father and sister are real estate agents with RE/MAX. I am a loan officer, so if you are interested in buying a place I can help too.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #9
Brians BMW
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: green, yeah
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northern VA

iTrader: (0)

when i become filthy rich sure lol

dc area just gets more and more expensive ugh.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
255
Rep
9,956
Posts

Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brians BMW View Post
my only criteria is.....if i can live in PG county im ok, as long as its not a crime area (we all know how pg count ys).

im not too good on maryland location, but isnt waldorf close by? if so, any word on the area? i dont tend to go into md much ( i hate going up to rockville. i always always somehow miss the 270 south to get back on 495 and end up on 495 headed to beltsville)

i was looking at alexandria but im open to closer places in a good community.
apartments for rent that is
I'd personally would suggest Alexandria area around the Old Town/Hway1 corridor as a better place for your commuting and well-being. You're only a stone throw away to the Wilson Bridge.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #11
Brians BMW
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: green, yeah
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northern VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
It sounds like you need to spend some time on Google Maps. The nice thing is that you're in the NoVA area now, so you can take your time, drive out that way and just look around at the various neighborhoods. I don't know MD, but as you know, Passport doesn't seem to be in the greatest location. Nevertheless, if I were working there, I'd live in MD rather than making the commute from VA every day. I hate traffic.
yeah i know it's not in that good of a location, but it still beats fairfax in my opinion.

it would be perfect if passport decided to open up another location up in the sterling area. then i'd live out in ashburn
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #12
pseto
Major General
pseto's Avatar
United_States
359
Rep
7,466
Posts

Drives: M3 E92 ZCP, M Roadster, X5 4.4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Columbia, MD

iTrader: (4)

Waldorf is an OK area, BUT there's really only one way in and out of there, Rt5 which gets backed up. I think the commute from over the Wilson Bridge is better.

There's a bunch of new homes right down the street from Passport next to the Branch Ave metro station (less than 1 mile). I went to visit a friend that lives there and it seemed nice and quite.
__________________
Paul Seto - BMW Car Club of America
National Capital Chapter (MD/DC/NoVA), President

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #13
Scottz71
Colonel
Scottz71's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
2,577
Posts

Drives: '16 F25 X3 - Space Grey
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Scottz71
In the entire DC Metro area, you're never going to avoid traffic...just work on that filthy rich thing, so you can sleep in all the time and not have to worry about rush-hour commutes...
__________________
'16 F25 X3 3.5XLine - Space Gray (Riley)
'15 981 Cayman GTS - Pure White (The Wolf)
'07 E90 335i - Titanium Silver (Kreiger)
'07 E92 335i - Space Gray (Brock) retired
'15 i3 REx Giga World - Capparis White (Randy) retired
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 10:36 PM   #14
Brians BMW
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: green, yeah
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northern VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
Waldorf is an OK area, BUT there's really only one way in and out of there, Rt5 which gets backed up. I think the commute from over the Wilson Bridge is better.

There's a bunch of new homes right down the street from Passport next to the Branch Ave metro station (less than 1 mile). I went to visit a friend that lives there and it seemed nice and quite.

yeah, maybe its me but the part where all the dealers are located doesn't seem like it's crime ridden but who knows.

so far i'm looking at alexandria near the 395 split, which wouldn't be too bad since morning people tend to take 395 north, not south during the mornings.


just got to wait till monday to find out how my background,drug test,etc turn out (should be good to go)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 05:57 AM   #15
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
255
Rep
9,956
Posts

Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
if you like a midway area between the 395 cross area and route 1, Eisenhower Ave, is a little secret hideway that has an exit before Van Dorn, it puts you a little closer to the bridge. Ive work at Andrews before, and the traffic is better your way in the morning and vice versa in the evenings. Yves Badji may also give you some insights.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 03:33 AM   #16
subframe
Private
0
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: '06 325i TitSil 6mt ZSP, ZPP,
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
if you like a midway area between the 395 cross area and route 1, Eisenhower Ave, is a little secret hideway that has an exit before Van Dorn, it puts you a little closer to the bridge. Ive work at Andrews before, and the traffic is better your way in the morning and vice versa in the evenings. Yves Badji may also give you some insights.
+1 I think the Eisenhower Ave corridor has some nice apartment complexes.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 06:22 AM   #17
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
255
Rep
9,956
Posts

Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by subframe View Post
+1 I think the Eisenhower Ave corridor has some nice apartment complexes.
especially Carlyle, near the Hoffman Center, Wholefoods, Metro and a great location near Old Town. Is that the general area where you live too subframe?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #18
subframe
Private
0
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: '06 325i TitSil 6mt ZSP, ZPP,
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
especially Carlyle, near the Hoffman Center, Wholefoods, Metro and a great location near Old Town. Is that the general area where you live too subframe?
I live much farther east -- close to Del Ray and Arlandria.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #19
subframe
Private
0
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: '06 325i TitSil 6mt ZSP, ZPP,
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA

iTrader: (0)

Actually, it's more like northeast.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #20
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
255
Rep
9,956
Posts

Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Del Ray is a hot place! nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subframe
... Now I mostly just look at our regional forum and the technical forums -- especially tires since I'm thinking about ditching the runflats.
the RFT were the first mod I did when I got the e90 in 05, you"re most welcome to test drive my Pilot Sports on 161s w/ H&R sway and you'll see the amazing difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 01:48 AM   #21
Brians BMW
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: green, yeah
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: northern VA

iTrader: (0)

actually guys......


after a week of commuting to work, i have hit not traffic that i might just stick to living in ffx county


I love my job and my team is cool. Worth commuting to it.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #22
subframe
Private
0
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: '06 325i TitSil 6mt ZSP, ZPP,
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA

iTrader: (0)

Good luck

I bought my car from Passport. John Dugan was my CA. He did a great job for me -- very professional. I like the Passport dealership a lot. Seems like a well-run store, and they seem to really do a good job of keeping their customers happy.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST