E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Random window opening! Please help!

01-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
SexualChocolate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 M5

Random window opening! Please help!

This happened to my mothers E90.
A few days ago the car was parked and during a rain storm the passenger side window rolled down, the interior was soaked. It is now cleaned but I am still in the process of dehumifying it to make sure everything will be fine.

Yesterday the rear passenger side window rolled down on its own (once again while the car was parked) and didn't respond to the switch when my mother got into and started it. A few minutes later when she entered the freeway onramp it rolled back up on its own (per her).

I am seriously perplexed. I cannot have her driving around in something that really isn't safe to leave anything in, so for now she is driving my E46 touring on H&R coilovers (and I am sure she wants her E90 back as mine is incredibly stiff).

Any and all help will be appreciated. I have been searching and have not found anything remotely close to this problem.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

You might have to open whichever door is giving you trouble and dry the actuators with a hair drier. Which might or might not work.
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
SexualChocolate
United_States
Rep

Ok thanks. It's the two passenger side doors. I thought it might be those, but wasn't sure.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
wiseweasel
The wisest of weasels!
Rep
Drives: Fast!

I've been having a Similar issue. When turning off the car, or starting it up, the rear pass window will go down on it's own. Not all the time, but 2x a day or so. It's really weird. I'm taking it in to see what could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
SexualChocolate
United_States
Rep

wiseweasel it is really weird...

I just took her car out for an errand. The drivers side rear window rolled down on its own and will not roll back up. I turned the car off and on several times. Held the switch for 10 seconds or more, no response except a warning symbol on the dash for the window and a chime.

This is perplexing. Stealer doesn't have any loaners until the 25th of this month. I'll ask her when she calls me back what she wants me to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

It's the driver's side window control module. They get wet and start doing this. Known problem, service bulletin available, fix is to replace the module, add additional moisture shielding to module and wiring, and seal everything up. If this happens during warranty, be sure to get compensated for the clean up as well.

Driver's side module is the master -- this fault can open all the windows and the sunroof randomly.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
SexualChocolate
United_States
Rep

Thanks chromisdesigns!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to search for the tsb as BMW Advantage CL doesn't seem to know what's going on lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
e90n52b30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW E90 330xi

There is no driver's side window module. I believe the FRM module controls the windows.

Maybe the actuator is malfunctioning.
Appreciate 0