Bimmerpost for Android has just been updated to version 4.3.55 with a host of bug fixes. Try it out!

E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Strange sound after alignment

11-21-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
LYEGUY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver E92 335

Strange sound after alignment

Hello guys,

So I? took my car in for an alignment today and when I? got it back it started making a strange sound coming from the right side, specifically the right front. With my alignment I? also has the replace and balance the right front tire a well

The sound can be heard when braking at low speeds and when driving at low speeds but I? can feel something off through the pedal as well. It was not doing this before I? got an alignment. Any help would be much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #2
MysticRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYEGUY View Post
Hello guys,

So I? took my car in for an alignment today and when I? got it back it started making a strange sound coming from the right side, specifically the right front. With my alignment I? also has the replace and balance the right front tire a well

The sound can be heard when braking at low speeds and when driving at low speeds but I? can feel something off through the pedal as well. It was not doing this before I? got an alignment. Any help would be much appreciated
This is a joke, right?
Print your post and hand it to the alignment shop (delete the "I?" parts or they might think you're not actually sure you did all those things). Then point to the paper and say "you fix please".
OlliD27.00
feuer2371.00

11-22-2017, 12:58 AM   #3
The_E90_Fan
V8 Bait
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Has your steering angle changed? Last time i got an alignment, they screwed it up and my steering wheel was off to the right. Have you got any more vibrations in the steering wheel that get worse with speed? Is your car lowered?
      11-22-2017, 12:08 PM   #4
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
This is a joke, right?
Print your post and hand it to the alignment shop (delete the "I?" parts or they might think you're not actually sure you did all those things). Then point to the paper and say "you fix please".

Follow me on Strava
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 10:59 PM   #5
onemonkey
Rep
Drives: BMW 323 2011

Quote:
Hello guys,

Im going straight for the obvious. Are your wheel nuts tight? If its a change when you are breaking.... it could be this or a loose caliper? not sure why the breaks would be touched on an alignment though.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 11:01 PM   #6
LYEGUY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemonkey View Post
Quote:
Hello guys,

Im going straight for the obvious. Are your wheel nuts tight? If its a change when you are breaking.... it could be this or a loose caliper? not sure why the breaks would be touched on an alignment though.
This is like 6 months old my friend...
Appreciate 0