E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Weird headlight problem

02-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
.fLip.
no more coupe :(
Rep
Drives: e90

Weird headlight problem

one of my pre-lci halogen lights went out a while back so i replaced them both with sylvanias and have been fine few about 3 months now.

today i noticed the headlight out warning was on. and it was the same one that was out a while ago. i was on the way somehwere so i didnt pay it any mind, id just get a bulb on the way home.

but when i got back to the car, the bulb warning light wasnt on and the headlight worked.

has anybody had this issue before? should i just replace the bulb? or is the beginning of gremlins taking over my car? lol
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
MikeR1994
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i, 05 325Ci (RIP)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
I wouldn't bother replacing it right now. I had a light saying that I had an exterior light out a few months ago. Got out of the car and my driver side angel eyes were not illuminated, but the next morning the warning was gone and the bulb was working. I think what happens is when the DME does a bulb check and that particular bulb is a little low it stops sending power to it. That's a total guess though. All I know is that you've got nothing to worry about, but keep an eye on it.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
.fLip.
no more coupe :(
Rep
Drives: e90

thats what i figured

im gonna grab a bulb just in case though, since ill be taking a long trip tonight, id hate for it to go out on me in the middle of the night lol.

thanks for the quick reply
Appreciate 0