E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Suspension issue :(

05-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
CWysong
tuned n dropped 335xi
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Xdrive e90

Suspension issue :(

I just added spacers on my rears, and upon lowering my car and backing out the driveway I heard some suspesnion noise. Let me try and expalin it as well as possible. At first I thought it was something sliding from left to right in my trunk, like a bolt or a socket I left somewhere. But now I think definitley know it is suspension related, and might be mechanical? Like the car is adjusting something. I can stop compltely and the sound will still run its course... groooannn. Like it is settling itself after the rear axle was uneven due to the turn/hill combo.

It only happens on a combination of a turn and a sharp hill. Not driving, not at high speeds, and not at faster speeds around turns. Nothing feels wrong or off or misaligned.

When turning left (and going up the hill or large curb) the sound shifts from left to right. When turning right, it shifts from the right to the left.

Also, I cant help but think the spacers did not cause this, but maybe the way I jacked the car up and down? Though I have done this 1000x with tons of cars and never had this issue.

I let the car sit overnight in hopes everything would settle, but the problem was there this morning so I am going to remove the wheels and spacers and remount just the wheels. But I am such a worrier I have to get some input today while at work!

possibly related? - Have KWv1's and they work perfectly until exactly yesterday after I jacked up and down the rear for spacers. Also this is an XI.
      05-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
good idea to remove spacers, remount and test. If sound goes away, try comparing extended bolts to stock and determine if diff is in line with spacer size. Happened to me.
Appreciate 0