E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Limp mode with no codes?

06-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
sturte30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e90

Limp mode with no codes?

So I did a search and didn't see anything quite like this. The other day I am heading to the office go wide open in sport mode let off and it was holding the gear which I hate sometimes so I push the stick back over to normal drive. Just as I did that I get the engine malfunction and limp mode. Pull off at a gas station shut down, restart no problem. I get home and go to check the codes from the procede command center and there is nothing stored. Pulled in my ODBII scanner and still nothing. Take it to my local bmw performance shop and they check it out, drive it, and can't duplicate although they kept it in DS or M the time. So again today same thing happened again went wide open in DS then after the pull I put it back in D and then ding engine malfunction/limp mode. Pull over turn off turn back on. Get home and check the command center again and no codes...wtf. Is it possible to pop limp mode with no codes? Really has me scratchin' my head. Car runs crazy strong with no noticeable issues other than this weird one.

2008 e90, Car has 27,000 on the clock less than 4k on the plugs. Also 2 of the 6 coil packs were replaced at the same time.
Mods are DCI, Procede V3 rev5, and Dinan exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Do you have CANclear on? You should've at least seen P3100 code for limp mode. The codes probably got cleared by procede. Turn off clear function and see if it happens again.
      06-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
sturte30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem
Do you have CANclear on? You should've at least seen P3100 code for limp mode. The codes probably got cleared by procede. Turn off clear function and see if it happens again.
I thought can clear didn't clear major limp codes?
Appreciate 0