E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Any M Sport E90s in Hong Kong?

07-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
Snoozey_Monkee
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 520i, E92 325i, E90 335i

Any M Sport E90s in Hong Kong?

Hi, I will be relocating to Hong Kong soon and I am debating whether to export my current E90 335i M Sport or buy a used one there. Question is whether HK has M Sport E90s? What about E60 M Sports as that would be an option for me too?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozey_Monkee View Post
Hi, I will be relocating to Hong Kong soon and I am debating whether to export my current E90 335i M Sport or buy a used one there. Question is whether HK has M Sport E90s? What about E60 M Sports as that would be an option for me too?
Hey Monkee

A fellow Londoner here, thats also in HK!

Sure there are M-Sports out here, though generally you will find the ones out here a lot more expensive than back home. Though importing your current motor over wont see you save much after the import taxes.
Generally looking at a starting point of (GBP equivalent) £20k for a 2006 auto coupe non-M...

Also a problem is you'd better make sure the underside of your car is properly cleaned up, recently went to see a 2007 UK import, and got it up on the ramps, the underside was looking a little iffy from all the salt it came with from UK gritting etc.

Some info on the import tax:
http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_servi...ration_of_mot/

Sapphire Black /Coral Red E90 323i M-Sport | My car is standard...honest!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Snoozey_Monkee
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 520i, E92 325i, E90 335i

Thanks. Is it true that imports will suffer in terms of resale values? If so, how much lower in price, in % terms, will imports be relative to non-imports?

I know exporting is a lot of hassle but my car is in a great condition with very low mileage (17k on a 2007 car) and I'm not sure of the general condition of used cars in HK. Somehow, I get the impression that owners there don't tend to look after their cars as well as the UK owners do? Maybe you can shed some light and hopefully dispel that impression?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i M-Sport

Imports do tend to be less desired, but does not seem to faze a true petrolhead though, but in general yes though unsure of general % drop.

The problem in HK is that a lot of cars have been fiddled with, or thats what the image is portrayed among majority of them here. (especially traders) You will hear about cars being clocked, and often times jigsaw cars (like a pick and mix if you like)...so be very wary and go with your instincts + an inspection (approx $1000hkd).

Apart from the above, cars in general are very well kept here, you will see that cars are meticulously cleaned and just VERY straight.

Also back to importing yours, depends how long you are relocating in HK for, is it really worth it?

Sapphire Black /Coral Red E90 323i M-Sport | My car is standard...honest!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #5
BMW_M2
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

My advice is to buy another car in Hong Kong.

Don't bother importing it, as the regulation is tough for cars older than 5 years old.

There are many second hand cars in Hong Kong, or you can just buy new

Instagram: jy8xx8
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i LCI

Garage List
No disrespect but if you were thinking of going through the hassle of importing a car, I would import something more than an e90 three three five...
Saying that, I agree with the other member, buy a second hand car here. HUGE 2nd market here.
Appreciate 0