View Single Post
      11-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #8763
neoexodus
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 335i E93

Need help guys, I think I TIFU'd.

My car went into the stealership for injector replacement, and, silly me, I didn't uninstall my AP prior to this, but had flashed back to Stg0. While there, they updated the BMW programming as well. This morning, I went to put the AP back on the car and proceeded to flash to the Aggressive Stg 1, which felt extremely sluggish pulling out of my driveway, so I stopped and reflashed Stg0. It now occurs to me that I have no idea if the maps are related to the software it finds in the ECU (i.e. i was on IJE0S), and now that it has been reprogrammed, I might be flashing bad maps into it, or if it is based on the hardware in the car (in which case, my car is always going to be IJE0S); can anyone clear this up?

Since I didn't uninstall and reinstall it, I also assume that uninstalling it now will flash back the ECU programming from when I originally put the AP on my car, not what it recently recieved in the dealer; is that also correct?

Really hoping I didn't ef things up too bad. and thanks in advance for your help!
Appreciate 0