View Single Post
      09-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

BMW shouldn't really be scaring you into not upgrading your stereo, maybe scarings too strong a word, planting the seed of doubt may be a more appropriate term. The Apline upgrade is going to be the safest option but, they would have to show something you've done caused a fault if you went another way.

Providing you take your time and use good quality components youre fine. I can't recall seeing any threads of people having any problems with adverse damage. Saying that though a couple of years ago my brother bought Parrot head unit from Halfords and got a free fitting offer. The guy blew two units one after the other in front of him and started a small electrical fire just connecting them at which point my brother told him to do one. Clearly a moron.

It's quite right though and only fair that if the worst did happen though why should BMW foot the bill?

What are you main wants and what is your absolute budget?