Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by parksjm7 View Post
Thanks for your feedback - here is the link to the fitting:

http://www.ad-eng.net/store/p22/AD_E...e_Fitting.html

I dont' fully understand the routing in the N54 PCV, but here is the description of the fitting:

"This fitting replaces the factory PCV fitting in the valve cover and provides two main functions. First, it blocks off the passage way to the intake manifold keeping your intake valves cleaner; a great alternative to removing the valve cover plugging the head. Second, it provides an additional crankcase vent "

So no, I don't believe it has a check valve, but will draw vacuum from the intake manifold to attract blowby during idle / low load is my understanding; I believe the high-load or boost side with the Flapper routed back to the rear turbo inlet manifold is kept stock. Based on the seller's description, do you feel that the crank will still be pressurized upon boost?
Did you have to pull out the factory PCV valve (see pic below) or did it just stay in there? If it stayed in there you are good, that has a checkvalve in it. If you removed it, that unit you bought should have a check valve. You can tell by blowing into it. One way the air passes through, the other way the air is blocked.

Basically, since you are tapping into the throttle body for vacuum, when you hit boost the throttle body becomes pressurized, no longer pulling vacuum through your catch can, instead it tries pushing air the other direction. When the check valve is in place, as soon as this start happening it closes the valve stopping that air from entering the crankcase pressurizing it.