View Single Post
      10-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Ready for Winter!

I know I'm sad but just wanted to share some pics of my freshly refurbed MV3's with Falken HS439's Euro Winters. I was initially going to send them away to be done but took a chance on a local place, Wheel Genie in Huntingdon, Cambs.

I don't normally do this but if anyone is looking to get their wheels done I'd definitely recommend them as the finish they've achieved is first rate!

Also, on a side note the owner, Keith is himself a BMW enthusiast and runs a very nice looking 1 Series. When we got talking about winter tyres he knew exactly where I was coming from and after not being able to get his off the drive last year he had a set waiting in the wings as well.

When I mentioned I'd be getting my new tyres mounted later on he insisted I drop them in whereupon he fitted and balanced them for no extra cost and also furnished them with a new set of little M badges. Great service and a top bloke all round!

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the path I chose for my winter package as BMW's own are ranging from about £750 for some 16" steelies (Can’t imagine how horrendous that would look!) to £1600 for some 17" alloys.

For just under £1150 I've got myself a set of as new looking OE's, colour coded, with the correct staggered tyres which will not only keep the car looking stock but more importantly on the road come winter! The Falkens seem to get good reviews from what I've seen but I'll post up my findings once I've had a chance to try them.

With a bit of luck I will probably see most of that back if I choose to sell them on in a couple of years as well!