Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
There is nothing to take apart. Just lift out the trunk cover piece and see what connectors are back there. The pink one is for the SAT antenna if your car is 2007-2009(think?) At some point BMW started integrating the SAT tuner into the head unit, so the pink connector probably isn't back there in the newer models.

If the pink connector is there, you can just order the corresponding connector from ebay. RFsuppliers carries everything you need. Only problem is you need some Fakra crimpers for this, and they aren't cheap. I think I paid 40$ for mine?

Cut the antenna off the Sirius antenna cable that comes with your head unit, then splice the new Fakra connector in its place. Plug it into the pink connector in the trunk and your all set.

You can find tutorial videos on youtube for crimping Fakra connectors, it's very easy.
okay cool thanks for the tips, yeah thats what i meant by take apart lol i guess there is not taking apart just lifting the trunk cover. So what I did was buy a sirius antenna extender and Im thinking it can just plug into the pink connector. From what Ive seen online (i still need to take a peek in my trunk, which is an 07 btw) I should be able to plug in the extender into the pink connector without any splicing. Ill be getting the new head unit installed at the end of the month and we will see how it goes!