B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWT View Post
Hi B33M3R

Thanks for the great post. I'm looking to upgrade my base system shortly and the info you have provided will be extremely useful.

Have you had any error messages as you have not recoded?

From what I have read, recoding is to adjust the EQ settings only and as you have installed a signal summing processor recoding is not required. Is this correct?

Thanks
Thanks, hope it assists! You are quite correct, the re-coding is just to flatten the EQ on the 'base' system and this is being done externally by the MS8. It is not being used as a signal summing device as the 'base' doesn't require this (MS8 can do this if required though)

Another thing the bare in mind is that apparently later cars can't be recoded despite them appearing to take the changed coding their output signal has remained unchanged. This was a factor in my decision to use a processor.

There are no errors displayed because as far as the car is concerned nothing has changed.

It's only the 'base' that has this tweaked EQ though, 'Hi Fi' and 'Logic 7' need as slightly different approach so make sure you know your starting point before you commit to buying your equipment. Have fun!