E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Clean car and ICE Update

02-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Clean car and ICE Update

Gave the car a little clean today and tweaked the ICE to a standard where i can happily say im now finished with it!

Clean car shots, im chuffed with how my sunblinds look from the outside

A bit of a pointless ICE Install thread as well im afraid, i havent done any pictures because ive gone with making it as discreet as possible, by doing as B33M3R did and buying the door trims to add my tweeters in.

I purchased a smaller amp though and this is now hidden under the boot gubbins, the only thing that isnt hidden is my sub!

My system was the standard boggo 6 speaker system and ive gone for a full upgrade with much of the same products that Matt used on his install, which i must admit inspired me to do mine! (and helped greatly whilst i was installing!)

Ive gone for the Focal K2s up front, and Some vibes in the rear, i obviosuly had to buy the harness from technics which was fun squeezing in! And ive gone for a JL XD400/4 amp hidden in the boot powering all of the above and also powering my 10" Vibe Active sub in the boot.

The system sounds fantastic now and im really happy with it even without a sound equaliser such as the Bit1, MS8 and cleansweep. The bass isnt overpowering as it was in my old 888, its just right now. Owing to how well built these cars are, you can harly hear the bass from outside, but open the boot and all hell breaks lose! (I dont think i even need to bother with a set of SW8s now!)

Only issue i have now is, my bluetooth is ridiculously quiet now! Could be a question for Matt, how is yours now? i may have to adjust some filtering to make this useable!
      02-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Did a few more pictures that were perhaps a bit more interesing than being sat on the drive! Typically it rained as soon as id washed the car!

Last edited by Danny.B.; 03-04-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Very nice and in the best colour too!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

liking the arty shots. any pics on the install?
I have the standard system in my car and would like to add a bit more bass and upgrade the speakers but keeping that oem look. Do you have any links for further info?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Hey Danny

That is looking very nice, great shots too! Thanks for the mention

Glad the install all went well, definately a better idea to go stealth and the JL is a very nice amp. When I get some spare pennies I'll likely go that route as well.

On a side note, I've recently invested in a DSLR myself so when I get five minutes I might try and get a bit creative!
      02-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Brian mc21
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 320d M Sport

Excellent car Danny. I want a blue one.
RVF400
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
liking the arty shots. any pics on the install?
I have the standard system in my car and would like to add a bit more bass and upgrade the speakers but keeping that oem look. Do you have any links for further info?

Thanks mate

To be fair mate there isnt much to show, which was my whole idea with going discreet, thats why theres no pics :-)

Just imagine the standard Interior, but with the added tweeter housing, and alot better sound, and a sub sat in the boot

What type of info are you after mate ill try and help you out
      02-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
Very nice and in the best colour too!
Cheers mate, i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian mc21 View Post
Excellent car Danny. I want a blue one.
Cheers mate, I did like the grey ones also myself, i had a choice between the two!!
      02-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33M3R View Post
Hey Danny

That is looking very nice, great shots too! Thanks for the mention

Glad the install all went well, definately a better idea to go stealth and the JL is a very nice amp. When I get some spare pennies I'll likely go that route as well.

On a side note, I've recently invested in a DSLR myself so when I get five minutes I might try and get a bit creative!

Evening

No worrys mate, credit given where its due!

How has your bluetooth been since your install Matt, as mentioned above mine is really really quite now, and im wandaring if ive done something wrong!

I dont normally go out without my DSLR now if ive just washed my car at least Which one have you gone for?
      02-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
mistryn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.B. View Post
Thanks mate

To be fair mate there isnt much to show, which was my whole idea with going discreet, thats why theres no pics :-)

Just imagine the standard Interior, but with the added tweeter housing, and alot better sound, and a sub sat in the boot

What type of info are you after mate ill try and help you out
^^thats what I am after but have no idea what to get. More importantly the wiring side of things. In my previous car (ford focus) I installed a complete upgrade/ran new cabling etc But from reading around I am a little bit apprehenisve in case I mess/blow something up.

Ideally I would like to upgrade the front speakers/add a 10" sub in the boot/2 or 4 channel amp but keep everything else the same. I dont know if that even possible, most of the threads I have read seem to suggest upgrading the subs under the seats but I would like to upgrade the speakers as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #11
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

It is indeed possible, thats what i have done, front speakers with tweeters, the rears are upgraded vibes too, underseat subs are as stock (with a nice noise increase after adding my 4 channel amp) and the sub running from a pre out on the amp :-)
      02-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Quote:
Evening

No worrys mate, credit given where its due!

How has your bluetooth been since your install Matt, as mentioned above mine is really really quite now, and im wandaring if ive done something wrong!

I dont normally go out without my DSLR now if ive just washed my car at least Which one have you gone for?
I went for a Canon EOS 550D, which seemed to get good reviews and I'm sure will be more than enough for a complete novice like me!

Not too sure why your bluetooth volume would have dropped mate. Unless it's reset with the battery disconected? Do you mean during phonecalls and have you tried turning it up mid call?

What have you got your levels and crossovers set to on the amp?

Just confirm you've got the Technic harness running Hi Level input straight into the JL, the fronts and under seats amped on the four channels and the rears running off HU power?
      02-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #13
mistryn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It is indeed possible, thats what i have done, front speakers with tweeters, the rears are upgraded vibes too, underseat subs are as stock (with a nice noise increase after adding my 4 channel amp) and the sub running from a pre out on the amp :-)
Is there any chance you can write a little how as to how you connected everything up?

What size of speakers did you put in the front and rear? (did you get co axils or components?)

Normally with an amp you need a sub line out and RCA phono from the HU, how does it work in this instance?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33M3R View Post
I went for a Canon EOS 550D, which seemed to get good reviews and I'm sure will be more than enough for a complete novice like me!

Not too sure why your bluetooth volume would have dropped mate. Unless it's reset with the battery disconected? Do you mean during phonecalls and have you tried turning it up mid call?

What have you got your levels and crossovers set to on the amp?

Just confirm you've got the Technic harness running Hi Level input straight into the JL, the fronts and under seats amped on the four channels and the rears running off HU power?
Thats a good camera, had some great reviews!

Ive tried turning it up on the phone and on the stereo its so quiet!

The crossovers on the front speakers are set at -3db, im not sure wether that would play a part and i should set it to 0db? or is that just for the tweeters on the Focals?

Yup Harness, to hi level input into the amp, The amp powers everything, 2channels for front, and 2 for the back! Ive not gone the route of powering the underseat (standard subs) on there own.
      02-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #15
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
Is there any chance you can write a little how as to how you connected everything up?

What size of speakers did you put in the front and rear? (did you get co axils or components?)

Normally with an amp you need a sub line out and RCA phono from the HU, how does it work in this instance?
Sent you a PM mate
      02-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #16
macck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.B.
Gave the car a little clean today and tweaked the ICE to a standard where i can happily say im now finished with it!

Clean car shots, im chuffed with how my sunblinds look from the outside

A bit of a pointless ICE Install thread as well im afraid, i havent done any pictures because ive gone with making it as discreet as possible, by doing as B33M3R did and buying the door trims to add my tweeters in.

I purchased a smaller amp though and this is now hidden under the boot gubbins, the only thing that isnt hidden is my sub!

My system was the standard boggo 6 speaker system and ive gone for a full upgrade with much of the same products that Matt used on his install, which i must admit inspired me to do mine! (and helped greatly whilst i was installing!)

Ive gone for the Focal K2s up front, and Some vibes in the rear, i obviosuly had to buy the harness from technics which was fun squeezing in! And ive gone for a JL XD400/4 amp hidden in the boot powering all of the above and also powering my 10" Vibe Active sub in the boot.

The system sounds fantastic now and im really happy with it even without a sound equaliser such as the Bit1, MS8 and cleansweep. The bass isnt overpowering as it was in my old 888, its just right now. Owing to how well built these cars are, you can harly hear the bass from outside, but open the boot and all hell breaks lose! (I dont think i even need to bother with a set of SW8s now!)

Only issue i have now is, my bluetooth is ridiculously quiet now! Could be a question for Matt, how is yours now? i may have to adjust some filtering to make this useable!
Good job mate car looks the part. Plenty of hard graft. Going down the same path myself ms8 focals etc just waiting on the stealers to get cd trim panel in.

blackchrome csl,s // eibach pro kit //bitstein B4s// shortened bumpstops//front and rear brembo performance brakes// jbl ms8//focal 100krs// rainbow dlx5 centre, rear//jenhert xe200//cas audio corner loaded sub// jl10v3 sub// jl xd500/3 xd400/4// technic harness// 808mguy adapters
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #17
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

You need black lines at the rear!
      02-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
shane55
First Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M-Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
+1 ...they would look great on it...
      02-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #19
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Very nice................I like those stock wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 03:34 AM   #20
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Danny, the car is looking the part and nice install too
      02-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #21
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post
+1 ...they would look great on it...
I agree Chaps!!

It will all happen soon enough!! Im done now, will give it about 6months before i touch the car again! But when that happens ive got some good plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
Very nice................I like those stock wheels
Thanks! I love them too! Apart from cleaning them lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Danny, the car is looking the part and nice install too
Cheers matey