E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong members, please sign in here for a meet!

Closed Thread

06-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #1585
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by woo
Neekulaz,

If BMWHK only charge you $3.5k for the paint job, I recommand you should go for it. Actually I am not sure how many pis are need to paint. However, assumed HK$3.5k is for rear bumper spary only, I still think it is reasonable. Do not go to the street bodyshop unless you know them well.

Agreed . BMW price is reasonable , outside shop will charge min. 2.5K anyway.

One question in mind is , if we get a paint job done by BMW, would that mean the service record will show that the car has been hit?
Need to check as future buyers of your cars want to see your service records or they have ways to check from BMW your servcice records..etc
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #1586
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinso
t & 2020, have you checked the shape of your spolier? I have installed mine using double-sided tape and it seems to pop up a bit at the ends....

Might need to buy the Betalink and install it again

hi kelvin

wonder if can you show me a photo of what the hell is Betalink ? And where to buy it ? I picked up my unpainted spoliers and unpainted e90 shark fin yesterday and the e90 CF lips. I guess I been hearing a lot about using the right glue ........

based on my observation of the unpainted spolier, it looks like you need to bend it further so that the two ends will fit the edges nicely. Yes. I also guess it will pop up slightly. Thanks for informing on this, I guess I have to make up my mind to use glue too.

t
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #1587
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: from Deutchland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
hi kelvin

wonder if can you show me a photo of what the hell is Betalink ? And where to buy it ? I picked up my unpainted spoliers and unpainted e90 shark fin yesterday and the e90 CF lips. I guess I been hearing a lot about using the right glue ........

based on my observation of the unpainted spolier, it looks like you need to bend it further so that the two ends will fit the edges nicely. Yes. I also guess it will pop up slightly. Thanks for informing on this, I guess I have to make up my mind to use glue too.

t
t, you can buy Betalink at BMWHK or Valiant. Since my spoiler was installed in a garage. I guess they may bend it abit to match the contour of the trunk. That's why I don't have any pop up problems.

so t, when will you install the CF lips? Be sure to post pics after installing all these toys...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:09 PM   #1588
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuE90
kelvinso.....thanks for your info (and your reminder).....maybe I should consider to bring my E90 to shatin for servicing. Don't want them to scatch my car again
I think they only do body and painting at Shatin, not servicing. Kelvin, you had been there, can you confirm this?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #1589
kelvinso
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i E90 TiAg/Lemon

Quote:
hi kelvin

t
t, see the below link for betalink. But I have problems in buying the betalink from BMWHK parts....might need to order from Valiant but need to wait

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #1590
woo
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 323i collect on 13 Sep 06

Yes, the service record will show that the detail of the repair. However, as in this case, it seems that they only need to repaint and not repair. Try to discuss with the service dep to report the work as simple as possible.

Normally this kind of info will be stored in their data file and not disclose to public even you are the new owner of the car. However, since all BMW sales (I assumed) can check and see it in their computer. So this is the point you need to consider when you bring your car to BMWHK for any works.

Anyway, even they record this case in their record, I still suggest you to bring your car to BMWHK for respary.

Quote:
Agreed . BMW price is reasonable , outside shop will charge min. 2.5K anyway.

One question in mind is , if we get a paint job done by BMW, would that mean the service record will show that the car has been hit?
Need to check as future buyers of your cars want to see your service records or they have ways to check from BMW your servcice records..etc
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #1591
kelvinso
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Sport
I think they only do body and painting at Shatin, not servicing. Kelvin, you had been there, can you confirm this?
No, they will do servicing in Shatin too...as far as I know, some cars from TKW are driven to Shatin for re-painting, especailly for big crash car.
Kelvin
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #1592
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
No, they will do servicing in Shatin too...as far as I know, some cars from TKW are driven to Shatin for re-painting, especailly for big crash car.
Kelvin
thanks. do you know that their Shatin shop will also do body work or respray cars that are not BMW?

My friend told me that the Shatin shop is willing to do a complete respray of his Porsche and quote him prices...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #1593
kelvinso
Captain
Rep

Quote:
thanks. do you know that their Shatin shop will also do body work or respray cars that are not BMW?

My friend told me that the Shatin shop is willing to do a complete respray of his Porsche and quote him prices...
So far, I only see BMs in the Shatin shop during my past visits....
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #1594
kelvinso
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You did it yourself? I remember my garage wipe my trunk with some liquid before they put my spoiler on. So far my spoiler sits on my trunk firmly and both ends do not pop up...
Yes, partial DIY exercise with my garage, but my garage is not professional in doing body work. We did cleaned it before we applied the tape. Anyway, he didn't charage me anything and that's why I tried.

I have seeked help from Philip (your garage) and he promised me to have a look this afternoon and see if they can remove it and tape it again using the stronger tape (they told me my tape might not good enough and I have to remove the tape originally come with the spolier, which I have not done so)

Will give them a second change for using the tape and see if it works or not Wish me good luck!!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #1595
sunnywuh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330

Quote:
Hi Sunny,
Saw your black bullet on the no. 3 route near Kung Tong Exit this morning...mine was on the fast lane heading TST.
Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

nice to meet you! you know i once in a while take the no.3 route to go to work. NOw that i try to avoid the fast lane as Tony has witnessed more than 10 occassions car crash over there.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #1596
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Yes, partial DIY exercise with my garage, but my garage is not professional in doing body work. We did cleaned it before we applied the tape. Anyway, he didn't charage me anything and that's why I tried.

I have seeked help from Philip (your garage) and he promised me to have a look this afternoon and see if they can remove it and tape it again using the stronger tape (they told me my tape might not good enough and I have to remove the tape originally come with the spolier, which I have not done so)

Will give them a second change for using the tape and see if it works or not Wish me good luck!!
I remembered they used some "special liquid" to wipe the area first. Maybe your trunk is not clean enough or have too much wax...

Anyway, good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 12:40 AM   #1597
ksquare
Captain
Rep
Drives: 535 GT

Guys,

I noticed a small leather defect in the middle back seat of my car when I took delivery. Happy to inform that bmw just called and told me that they are willing to change the whole leather for the back seat . Need to wait for 3 weeks to arrive though.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 12:47 AM   #1598
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnywuh
Hi Kelvin,

nice to meet you! you know i once in a while take the no.3 route to go to work. NOw that i try to avoid the fast lane as Tony has witnessed more than 10 occassions car crash over there.

yes. it is true. i like to remind everyone to take EXTRA cautions right after exit from Cheung Ching tunnel towards Kwai Chung cargo; the fast lane always got chained crash. I can recall at least 3 times more than 7-9 cars and other times 3 or 4 cars. I think a lot of private cars and taxi trying to cut into the fast link to avoid the trunks on the slow and middle lane.
Strange that , always it was the fast lane.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 01:05 AM   #1599
sunnywuh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330

i myself have seen it once - a 9-car-serial-crash.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 01:14 AM   #1600
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 G29

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquare
Guys,

I noticed a small leather defect in the middle back seat of my car when I took delivery. Happy to inform that bmw just called and told me that they are willing to change the whole leather for the back seat . Need to wait for 3 weeks to arrive though.
I remember you told me about the defect when we met last time.....but couldn't remember what kind of defect?

So, they are going to change the whole rear seat for you? or just repair it with the geniune leather?

For my car, I have noticed the leather (at the back of the front passenger seat) is all wrinkled up.....while the same portion at the driver side is perfectly smooth. I wonder whether this is a defect?...or it is normal.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 01:17 AM   #1601
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
t, see the below link for betalink. But I have problems in buying the betalink from BMWHK parts....might need to order from Valiant but need to wait

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=spoiler

tks
!
BTW, i want to know , after applied the glue , how long it takes to get stable that we can drive the car ?
cheers

t
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 01:19 AM   #1602
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnywuh
i myself have seen it once - a 9-car-serial-crash.

the previous one ( must be at least 8/9 cars ) was just last week
and I saw one car both front and rear were squeezed badly. 80/90kmh can really make the car totalled!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 01:19 AM   #1603
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuE90
I remember you told me about the defect when we met last time.....but couldn't remember what kind of defect?

So, they are going to change the whole rear seat for you? or just repair it with the geniune leather?

For my car, I have noticed the leather (at the back of the front passenger seat) is all wrinkled up.....while the same portion at the driver side is perfectly smooth. I wonder whether this is a defect?...or it is normal.
I don't think it's normal but i haven't seen your car so I am not sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 01:21 AM   #1604
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
the previous one ( must be at least 8/9 cars ) was just last week
It's not that bad... I think the road itself is safe. You just have to watch out those cars coming up from Kwai Fong. They tend to dive to the fast lane as soon as they can....
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 01:24 AM   #1605
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 G29

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
I don't think it's normal but i haven't seen your car so I am not sure.

Post a pic later...
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 01:30 AM   #1606
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
tks
!
BTW, i want to know , after applied the glue , how long it takes to get stable that we can drive the car ?
cheers

t
cnt,

here is a DIY post on how to install the OEM spoiler with Betalink

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1914
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread