E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

03-10-2011, 04:08 AM   #859
disgruntled
Rep
Drives: 1 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
This is surprising........pause.......naarrt!*

*Borat is on telly
What does naarrt mean?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 04:11 AM   #860
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
I have to admit I have been surprised by the response I have got form the boss of BMWorld.
Against all the advice I had been given, I decided to email that hotmail address and the respose I got was not what I expected at all.
BMW Ruxley told me that all my brakes were illegal and would never pass an MOT. As anyone could imagine I was pretty shocked. I indended to go down to BMWorld and have a row after posting what I had posted above. (I had even looked into ombudsmans, contacted consumer direct and spoken to the second hand car trade association.) Instead, the bossof BMWorld emailed me first to ask what the matter was and how could he help. When I told him he immediately offered to change all the brakes and pads free of charge.
I took the car in yesterday, and his service manager walked me round the car and told me that the brakes were not illegal but that they would change them anyway as agreed. All the brakes, pads and sensors were changed with genuine BMW parts (I checked them before they went on).
They then put the brakes in the boot and told me to have the brakes indepedently inspected. I took them to the lads at kwik fits and they told me they were well worn, but far from illegal.

I would genuinely advise anyone with a problem with their car to contact Peter on that hotmail adress, I now have a car that I trust is safe and Peter has been very accomodating and helpful.
This is a really good result and I'm happy to hear that BMWorld have done the right thing. BMW Ruxley need their legs slapped and I would be taking the pads/sensors to their service manager and asking him to "reconsider their assessment" and point out they were just trying to stitch you up.

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 04:14 AM   #861
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

Quote:
What does naarrt mean?
It's a quote from the Borat film which was on a few nights ago.

"This suit is naaaaart black"
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 04:17 AM   #862
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
It's a quote from the Borat film which was on a few nights ago.

"This suit is naaaaart black"
I switched over just as that was on.
5 or 6 years after I first saw it that bit still had me crying with laughter.

"In ma country it is tradition we start a meeting with the eating of the cheese."
"Oh, right, Thanks you."
"My wife, she a make this cheese....from her titty milk"

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #863
disgruntled
Rep

Ive never seen it, but Ive heard its funny,is it worth a watch?

Im going to take the brakes up there today see what they say!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 05:55 AM   #864
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Fair play to big motoring world that seems like genuinely good service.

The BMW dealer should be asked to explain themselves.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #865
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
and the tide turns.... Let's see if they continue with the good stuff. Borat, BTW is excellent!!!
      03-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #866
disgruntled
Rep

In the interest of fairness, BMW Ruxley told me today that they would never sell a car with brakes in that condition, but I guess that you get what you pay for!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #867
Falmouthboy
Squadron Leader (Ret'd)
Rep
Drives: E91 330d SE & Mini Coupe JCW

Quote:
In the interest of fairness, BMW Ruxley told me today that they would never sell a car with brakes in that condition, but I guess that you get what you pay for!
Exactly - to sell as a BMW 'Approved Used car' they will have had to have seen that there was a good 3 months,3000 miles left in the bakes. All Big need to do is ensure the car is legal and roadworthy when you drive it off the forecourt.

And I'm sure you paid far less for your car from Big than you would have from a BMW dealer.

I'm pleased that Big came good for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #868
bigbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: many

Quote:
I have to admit I have been surprised by the response I have got form the boss of BMWorld.
Against all the advice I had been given, I decided to email that hotmail address and the respose I got was not what I expected at all.
BMW Ruxley told me that all my brakes were illegal and would never pass an MOT. As anyone could imagine I was pretty shocked. I indended to go down to BMWorld and have a row after posting what I had posted above. (I had even looked into ombudsmans, contacted consumer direct and spoken to the second hand car trade association.) Instead, the bossof BMWorld emailed me first to ask what the matter was and how could he help. When I told him he immediately offered to change all the brakes and pads free of charge.
I took the car in yesterday, and his service manager walked me round the car and told me that the brakes were not illegal but that they would change them anyway as agreed. All the brakes, pads and sensors were changed with genuine BMW parts (I checked them before they went on).
They then put the brakes in the boot and told me to have the brakes indepedently inspected. I took them to the lads at kwik fits and they told me they were well worn, but far from illegal.

I would genuinely advise anyone with a problem with their car to contact Peter on that hotmail adress, I now have a car that I trust is safe and Peter has been very accomodating and helpful.
thank you very much ..if anyone has a problem please e mail me on peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk still waiting for x3 man email or reg to help him to please please let have you reg so as i can look into it urgentley or are you another car dealer just posting to make us look bad please please lets have that reg i want to help thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #869
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
      03-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #870
steviec
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330 ci sport

i bought a 330 ci sport a couple of years ago from these jokers and as a good mate of mine works for mercedes,he gave it the once over for me, it was sold 2 me with a years mot and total peace of mind,ended up with a bill for 600 quid all round brakes and discs,tried 2 resolve the problem with their so called team total waste of space,please do your homework before buying of clowns like this or get caught like i did
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #871
Muz
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 320D MSport Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
Updated version of these perhaps?

Argh, I was about to make that joke then I scrolled down and saw your pic!

Love the Ronal Teddies!
      03-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #872
bigbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: many

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviec View Post
i bought a 330 ci sport a couple of years ago from these jokers and as a good mate of mine works for mercedes,he gave it the once over for me, it was sold 2 me with a years mot and total peace of mind,ended up with a bill for 600 quid all round brakes and discs,tried 2 resolve the problem with their so called team total waste of space,please do your homework before buying of clowns like this or get caught like i did
please send me your reg number so as i can check this out please i find it most strange that after 2-3 years you come to this forum first post and say this and you have a mate who is also in the trade but you didnt take him to big when you was buying, im only here to help anyone with a problem so please post your reg on here so as i can look could the admin look at his ID number to see if its the same as other posters?? as i just find it strange is this just another rival car dealer or not??? thanks for your time
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #873
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
      05-01-2011, 05:28 AM   #874
JaeSmiffy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Looking

Useful

Hi,

I just wanted to say i have found this thread useful, i went to Big Motoring World with my wife and was made to feel pretty crap.

Agter walking through a cloud of cigar smoke in the office (which is actually illegal not due to smokefree laws) to where the cars are i identified a car i liked and went to find a sales man.

The sales man was disinterested, didnt offer to get the keys so i could look inside and would not let me test drive a car i was very keen on actually buying.

I think someone else summed it up very nicely in that if it does not feel right dont do it...and i wont be.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 05:37 AM   #875
JaeSmiffy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Looking

Fat finger syndrome

Just realised that my spelling was pretty bad in the last post

apologies ha
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 05:44 AM   #876
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
      05-02-2011, 04:25 AM   #877
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
We're quite close to these guys... but saw a sign written black 1series yesterday . . .

Reminded me to bump this thread
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 05:07 AM   #878
Adil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci M Sport

I'm looking to buy a 335i and came accross there website, thank god i came accross this thread straight after lol. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #879
Mr. Cool
Rep
Drives: BMW 730i E65

Big Motoring World, Kent

Unfortunately, I saw this thread too late. I already bought a car from Big Motoring World in May this year (£9000) Broke down after two weeks - gearbox! I had to tow the car down to them at Kent, and they have now had the car 16 days and still not repaired, and not kept me informed. I'm having to ring them everyday and they never call you back when they say they will, and I feel the car has just been parked on the side somewhere until they are ready to do something. They obviously don't want to spend the money to put it right, and relanctant to give me a refund.
Their after sales service is really poor, of course thats after you've parted with your money. I have just seen the owner's email address on this thread (peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk) and have sent him an email.
Once this matter is resolved, I will post the feedback on this forum, good or bad....
I'm still trying to keep my cool...!

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #880
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Good luck, hope you get this sorted.

Big Motoring World I'm personally quite happy to bump this thread from now until the end of time until you get the message and change your practices. We're all waiting to see how this one concludes

In fact just realised this is now a sticky. Righly so.