E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Damn.. My H&R Coilover is failing...

11-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 320i

Garage List
Thumbs down Damn.. My H&R Coilover is failing...

Just happened this afternoon.. When I took a hard left corner suddenly I heard loud Snap on my right rear and the car was out of control.. Pull over and saw that the Screw cap that hold the spring was snapped and my car is limping to the right. I was so fortunate that I was able to keep the car in control when this happen but so surprising that this happen to an H&R.. I guess it is a rare incident but anybody got this experience?

Here is the part that is failing (orange circle)

I took the cap off ; the rest of the components are still attached in the car.. So surprising that it looks like there's only 4 threads holding the mass of the car... Did my installer did it the wrong way? But I doubt it since I've been using this springs for about a year with no problem and the shop that did my car has installed coilovers on many cars.

So, do H&R sell this part only?.. I think they should make the thread much much longer...

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Not to call you out or anything but threads like this are pointless. None of us work for H&R (that I know of) so we do not know if this part is sold individually....but read further.

If your coils are still under warranty they should be covered. Usually you are required to send a deposit to cover the part and send the failed part to H&R for inspection. In the event that part is found to be defective on H&R's part, they will reimburse your deposit.

So even if you're out of warranty I would think you can still get the part.

Your best option is to call them directly....

BTW, nice interior....looks very clean! I like the blank steering wheel.
Appreciate 0