justpete
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i '19 M6

Garage List
2019 BMW M6  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [9.00]
Scheduling installation for some time after the 20th.

Was at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson Saturday running the 1.3 mile CCW track with Apex Driving Academy. Logged a couple of sessions, this is the last one and has the fastest lap of the day which is virtually the same as the continuous lap and very close to the theoretical fastest. It's a seriously technical track with lots of blind corners and hills and runoffs that'll keep you from overcooking turns once you see them.

Name:  MSRC_lap10_4Apr15(1).PNG
Views: 574
Size:  526.6 KB

Had some traffic into the hairpin, a spec Miata in front and an M3 with a Dinan supercharged S52 in the middle. There was a fully track prepped and trailered E46 M3 running but on PSS tires since R-Comps aren't allowed in Intermediate. OK driver but had to point me by early on in this and the previous session and continued to lose ground with each lap.

The supercharged M3 couldn't get away and couldn't pass the spec Miata either. Took all day to get fast enough to keep up with him, he's an instructor elsewhere and drives very well. But this is a technical track were horsepower doesn't count for much so not a surprise. We agreed we needed a car with my car's suspension and his car's engine.

Will be interesting to run this track again with the cams installed and see if the lap time changes substantially. I'm guessing not as the time lost, other than in traffic, is in the corners where there's much to be gained. Oh yeah, there was a Lotus with an Advanced class driver running in a few sessions and his car had R-Comps on it. Holy crap was he quick in the corners. Could catch him once but then he flicked through the corner and the next and was gone gone gone. Gotta get to Advanced, gotta run R-comps, gotta gotta gotta...w00t
2011 E90 328i 6MT, BMW Aero, CF hood/boot, PI+CAI+RM+3IM+BPC, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+SS#1+2XBurns, AKG 75D eng/trans, Al/Delrin diff/RS, CM 850, UCP, CAE, AKG DSSR, DiffsOnline 3.91 30/90 LSD+BW cooler, C&R, Setrab, Accusump, AST 3-way+Swift, Aurora PR+BW spherical, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace+UR bar, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, RB/CSL rotors+cooling, 135i calipers, RS29, RT700, Safecraft, OMP HTE-R+804F+QD Superquadro, 6pt cage+FIA, Braille, RT DL1Mk3
Appreciate 1